Any word on Updates to S3?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Any word on Updates to S3??????

Samsung says "In the coming months", who knows when that is

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Trust me when word of it being released to the US carriers drops, you will hear about it here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

There is a big Samsung event for the Galaxy Note 2 launch on Oct 24th(yes, in a few days). Some are speculating that Samsung will also talk about JB for the S3 as well, though that of course won't be confirmed ahead of time.

I get the impression that Samsung is done with the update,and it is AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-mobile, and the rest that are sitting on their butts when it comes to actually letting the update go out. What I don't understand is why they can't let it go out via Kies if they are worried about network capacity issues.

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Know your history! No US Carrier has ever released a new OS before a device has actually been released with that OS. After a device is released with the new OS, updates will come shortly for the older devices. :) This is not specific to Android...

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

Didn't iOS 6 beat iPhone 5 by a week or two? That comes straight from Apple though, so apples and oranges? Sorry. <slinks back under bridge>

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Ya the iphone is different and they are the only vendor in complete control of both the devices and OS.