Volume Button Missing

datastar

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I got a shiny NEW white GS3 (this one is only 4 weeks old) and I?m at work (Monday morning) and received a phone call. Of course I turned it over to silence it and when I finished the call. I attempted to turn the volume down. To my surprise the volume would not go down so I thought maybe the Otter Box Defender case was interfering with the button. I removed the case and then was flabbergasted to see that my volume button was gone / missing /ran away/disappeared/fell off/ went poof. Your guess is as good as mine where it is.

I keep my GS3 in an Otter Box Defender case with a Zagg HD Invisible Screen protector as this is a replacement since I scratched the screen of the last one when it was in my pocket. (Thank you Best Buy for your $9.99 Insurance). I only take it out of the case to put in my suit pocket when I'm at church on Sunday (I do use it to test live streaming of our service.)
Has any other buttons gone missing? [Headed back to Best Buy this evening for a replacement; praying they are as good as they was the first time.]
:eek:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Thats weird...it must have fell off as you were putting the case on or something...it could have forcefully ripped it off somehow...was it there when you got the phone?

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible that it slid inside the phone case? Take off the back and see if some sort of direct impact jammed it into the phone.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I was using a Rearth slim line case on my phone which fit VERY snugly. One evening I wanted to to a restart/battery pull and slowly pried the case off. In doing so, the extremely tight fit of the cut out where the power button is caught the edge of it and it fell onto the counter.. I panicked since the power button is probably THE most important of either. Fortunately, I was able to slide it back in and it works fine. Needless to say, I'm using my Acase Super Legerra case instead since it has a soft silicone liner that fits OVER the buttons.. Samsung says the buttons are designed to be able to be removed for servicing.. Just glad I found the thing since Samsung will not do a warranty exchange on a device missing parts.. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Happy New Ears everyone!

Tiffany Stanowski

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the same phone and same Otter Box and had the same issue. I put the Otter Box on and hit the volume key a little later and it didn't work. took the case off thinking that I maybe put the case on wrong, and, like you said POOF, it was GONE! I had to take it back and have the phone replaced. not a very good impression Samsung. hmmm

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's not surprising, since the entire phone?including all the loose feeling buttons?does feel rather cheap. I noticed the tinny, loose buttons the first time I picked-up a GS3. Samsungs aren't iPhones'. Quality... is one BIG thing... that Samsung didn't copy from Apple.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I had my GS3 in a OB Deffender for a bit, but didn't like the bulkiness of the case so I took it out. Never had any problems with buttons falling off though lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63