BB you're productive and all but the S3

crackcookie

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Allows me to send files over 9mb to people. I dislike having a phone that I have to wait until Jan 2013 to do some basic features, here comes the switch

jkeithbrown

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I had been with BB for 10+ years but when they delayed the BB10 to January I jumped ship to the S3 in August. I miss a few thing about my old BB but the positive things of Android & S3 out weigh them. Enjoy your new S3 just know it is a heck of a learning curve but the articles and people here are a ton of help.

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Made the move when the S3 came out. I miss the trackpad for selecting text, but when I saw they got rid of it on the BB10 phones I made the move. I still get push email too. You also need to consider there is no guaranty BB10 will ever be released.

Tayman52

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I switched from the Bold 9930 to the S3.......the shear power of the S3 made my decision a no brainer.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I had been with BB for 10+ years but when they delayed the BB10 to January I jumped ship to the S3 in August. I miss a few thing about my old BB but the positive things of Android & S3 out weigh them. Enjoy your new S3 just know it is a heck of a learning curve but the articles and people here are a ton of help.

I did the same as you. Yes, the positives outweigh the negatives, but "a heck of a learning curve" is an understatement, and sometimes this thing drives me almost insane! Third party (paid) email app, third party SMS app, third party (paid) profile app to even approach the productivity of the BB. With BB, everything just WORKED together out of the box. With Android, my experience is most things aren't tied together or integrated nearly as well, without quite a bit of work AND knowledge. For instance - from the SMS app, you can attach a picture. But from viewing the picture, you canNOT decide you'd like to send it to someone - back out of the viewer, call up the SMS app, and from there go into the viewer app and reselect the picture... :( And, to RECEIVE a photo via SMS (MMS), you must turn off WiFi temporarily to get the picture to download? REALLY?!?!?! :(

Turdfurgyson

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I did the same as you. Yes, the positives outweigh the negatives, but "a heck of a learning curve" is an understatement, and sometimes this thing drives me almost insane! Third party (paid) email app, third party SMS app, third party (paid) profile app to even approach the productivity of the BB. With BB, everything just WORKED together out of the box. With Android, my experience is most things aren't tied together or integrated nearly as well, without quite a bit of work AND knowledge. For instance - from the SMS app, you can attach a picture. But from viewing the picture, you canNOT decide you'd like to send it to someone - back out of the viewer, call up the SMS app, and from there go into the viewer app and reselect the picture... :( And, to RECEIVE a photo via SMS (MMS), you must turn off WiFi temporarily to get the picture to download? REALLY?!?!?! :(

About your quote on backing out of the gallery to the text app to send pictures...simply long press the button next to the share icon and you will have multiple choices on how to share your picture depending on what apps you have(facebook, email etc..)

I have no problems receiving pics when wifi is turned on...never heard of that problem before...hopefully I have helped with you picture sharing experience!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
About your quote on backing out of the gallery to the text app to send pictures...simply long press the button next to the share icon and you will have multiple choices on how to share your picture depending on what apps you have(facebook, email etc..)

I have no problems receiving pics when wifi is turned on...never heard of that problem before...hopefully I have helped with you picture sharing experience!

Thanks, that does help with the picture sharing! That "heck of a learning curve" again, I guess! As for the Wifi MMS picture reception problem, it appears to be pretty widespread...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii/218603-texting-issues-s3.html

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Allows me to send files over 9mb to people. I dislike having a phone that I have to wait until Jan 2013 to do some basic features, here comes the switch
Technically you can do that on the S3 with Wifi Direct lol
You can also email on your phone to people with a 9+MB attachement

breakmedown

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My gf just got an S3 and I'm sending this from a 9900 (both on AT&T). I'm still convinced that I prefer my BB even amongst everyone trying to tell me it's not better. I don't "play" enough on my phone to value it over the S3.

In regards to the 9MB limit, that's why I have a laptop. Those kinds of things are the reason my phone isn't replacing it. Nor would an S3 (or any other phone) replace it. I like the ever expanding things that phones can do, but I won't be replacing my laptop with one any time soon. A tablet, on the other hand, might make me give it up.

Plus, I'm a diehard for the keyboard. I'm waiting for BB10, but I'm not against jumping ship to Android, I just don't see any reason to right now.

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Something to consider here is that you are not FORCED to use the third party apps. Many people do, but you don't HAVE to, and that is a part of the beauty of the phone.