Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 and Ford Sync via USB

Good Afternoon everyone!

So I recently upgraded from an iPhone 3Gs to a Samsung Galaxy S3. So far I really like my new phone except there's one caveat I've noticed. When I had my music on the internal SD card it would read my music through the USB connection and I could use the voice controls with it. Voice controls being "Play Artist xxx, Play Track yyy, etc. etc." Though for some reason I would have to reseat the cable a couple of times before it would index properly. Still though, it would eventually work. Now a few days ago I put a microSD in my phone and transferred the music to that Sync won't read it. Is there anyway I can get it to? I've rooted my phone and downloaded several USB Mass Storage apps but none seem to work. Does anyone have a suggestion or a solution?

Alternatively if I could get S Voice to be read through Sync instead that might work but I don't know how to make that happen.

Thank you in advance for your help! :-)

Default Re: Galaxy S3 and Ford Sync via USB

I have not been able to get S Voice to work through Sync (2010 Fusion)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've heard of other people getting Siri to work with other bluetooth HUs but I'm not sure how. Then again I don't have Siri.

Correct. I had no issues with Siri but S Voice does not play well with Sync
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Out of curiosity how did you get Siri to work?

simply synced my iphone 4S and it worked, nothing more. on the iphone, just hold the home button to activate siri and she came through the car.

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

So you have done the "Bluetooth Audio" in the car to play audio via Bluetooth? That works MOSTLY, but I don't think S-voice knows to listen to the microphone in the car via SYNC.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I did a little more research. S-Voice does not however Vlingo has an in-car feature that may be able to. I'm going to have to play with it this weekend when I have some time. Now that i think about it ideally it would be best to use USB voice controls (e.g. Play Track, Play Artist, etc.) via Bluetooth. That way I can also receive incoming calls and texts.

Just downloaded Vlingo but it doesn't work. Everytime i launch the in-car features, the app crashes on my S3

Sync's USB option only connects with the internal memory on devices - unfortunately, external memory isn't supported because technically it isn't part of the phone. I recommend just using bluetooth audio.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Yeah I've kinda given up on this project. Kinda sucks too because I used that feature all the time. Oh well. At least with bluetooth I have access to more features.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums