Galaxy S3 and Ford Sync via USB
Good Afternoon everyone!
So I recently upgraded from an iPhone 3Gs to a Samsung Galaxy S3. So far I really like my new phone except there's one caveat I've noticed. When I had my music on the internal SD card it would read my music through the USB connection and I could use the voice controls with it. Voice controls being "Play Artist xxx, Play Track yyy, etc. etc." Though for some reason I would have to reseat the cable a couple of times before it would index properly. Still though, it would eventually work. Now a few days ago I put a microSD in my phone and transferred the music to that Sync won't read it. Is there anyway I can get it to? I've rooted my phone and downloaded several USB Mass Storage apps but none seem to work. Does anyone have a suggestion or a solution?
Alternatively if I could get S Voice to be read through Sync instead that might work but I don't know how to make that happen.
Thank you in advance for your help! :-)
- 10-26-2012, 09:23 AM #2
- 10-26-2012, 02:23 PM #4
- 10-26-2012, 02:52 PM #6
- 10-28-2012, 07:14 PM #7
Re: Galaxy S3 and Ford Sync via USB
I did a little more research. S-Voice does not however Vlingo has an in-car feature that may be able to. I'm going to have to play with it this weekend when I have some time. Now that i think about it ideally it would be best to use USB voice controls (e.g. Play Track, Play Artist, etc.) via Bluetooth. That way I can also receive incoming calls and texts.
- 11-01-2012, 01:36 PM #9
- 11-12-2012, 09:15 AM #10
- By ljbiggs in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 26Last Post: 07-11-2012, 10:44 PM
- By uh60lchief in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 10Last Post: 05-21-2011, 08:58 PM
- By kayteekay in forum Motorola Droid ProReplies: 8Last Post: 02-28-2011, 11:02 AM
- By ammarmon in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 0Last Post: 01-20-2011, 09:30 PM
- By clwithers in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 2Last Post: 10-25-2010, 05:22 AM