Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Launcher question

I'm a former iphone so i'm learning.

Here's my question, when using a launcher such as Apex, Does the Apex load in place of touch wiz or is it simply a "skin" and touch wiz is running underneath apex?

I tried Apex and when I hit the home button a choice was given for apex or touch wiz. I choose apex and rebooted a couple time and checked the task manager and it seemed to use slightly less Ram then a fresh reboot before with touch wiz.

Default Re: Launcher question

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy761210 View Post
    I'm a former iphone so i'm learning.

Here's my question, when using a launcher such as Apex, Does the Apex load in place of touch wiz or is it simply a "skin" and touch wiz is running underneath apex?

I tried Apex and when I hit the home button a choice was given for apex or touch wiz. I choose apex and rebooted a couple time and checked the task manager and it seemed to use slightly less Ram then a fresh reboot before with touch wiz.
    Apex (and others such as Nova, Go Launcher, etc.) is a whole different launcher than Touchwiz, it is not just a cover or skin. The GS3 allows you to switch back and forth between Touchwiz or another launcher. Just make Apex the default launcher and it will no longer ask you which one you want
    Thanked by:

Another Iphone user here, getting my SG3 Thursday or Friday. Jelly Bean isn't shipped on it, and is not available as an update from ATT right? I assume/hope that will happen soon so I guess I won't root my phone. If TouchWiz doesnt take a lot of RAM during use then I won't worry too much about getting rid of it through rooting.

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by hunterx82 View Post
    Another Iphone user here, getting my SG3 Thursday or Friday. Jelly Bean isn't shipped on it, and is not available as an update from ATT right? I assume/hope that will happen soon so I guess I won't root my phone. If TouchWiz doesnt take a lot of RAM during use then I won't worry too much about getting rid of it through rooting.
    Correct,Jb hasn't been released for the At&t s3 yet.

Sent from my awesome HTC one x(:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

So I tired Apex and I generally liked it. I was really missing the icon notifications for text, email, missed calls etc... The I purchased the pro apex app which enables the icon notifications and it worked on everything but the stock email app.

Global Posts
    2,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

So I tired Apex and I generally liked it. I was really missing the icon notifications for text, email, missed calls etc... The I purchased the pro apex app which enables the icon notifications and it worked on everything but the stock email app.
    I would recommed you try a 3rd party email client I dont think the stock one is any good anyways and yu should get the notifications back

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by taylorz_412 View Post
    I would recommed you try a 3rd party email client I dont think the stock one is any good anyways and yu should get the notifications back

have any suggestions

Global Posts
    2,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...uJ447pB8HTNpMA this is a popular one but I only use the gmail app

have any suggestions
    AquaMail is GREAT. And it has it's own separate notification widget (on pro version).

I personally would recommend Nova Launcher, you'll love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Nova Launcher works great. Your other option is to root and flash CyanongenMod 10. It rocks!

I feel like I have better battery life after switching to Nova Launcher from the TouchWiz...