Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: Jelly Bean no where in sight?!

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    Does CM10 have a functioning camera? I'm getting pretty frustrated waiting but I keep reading most leaks have something missing. If I load JB, I'd like to make sure its at least 99% complete
    It works fine for me. You get the stock Android camera, which isn't my favorite one but it works just as well as it always has.

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

I think you missed MY point, which is that larger updates WILL take longer to develop than these little updates. The greater the number of overall combinations of components are available for a given platform, the more difficult it will be to provide updates. Google can do the updates for Nexus devices because there are so few of them, compared to all the different combinations of displays, processors, GPUs, accelerometers, and so on that are available.

The only advantage that Apple has is that they directly release updates, but if iOS were supported on as many different devices as Android is, then you would see "only Apple branded devices get updates on the OFFICIAL iOS update schedule". AT&T and Verizon are clearly incompetent, so should NOT be allowed to block updates, but Apple has been against allowing MacOS on ANY device due to not wanting to support all the different combinations of components in the computer space, and the same goes for tablet/phones as well. They don't WANT to be concerned with device drivers and testing, plus support for some weird combination of components that companies decide to use in their devices.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    Honestly you couldn't be more wrong. Each new iOS update regardless of how innovative or not takes Apple precisely 3 months from when they officially announce it to the public, and when each device becomes eligible to download it. Google announces a new version of Android, and most devices either never see it, or it takes them 6 months to a year to receive it, and by then they're already a firmware or 2 behind. Carrier branding sucks, and OEM skinning for the most part sucks too. Every Android device should be Nexus(similar to how MS is doing with WP), and all updates should be done through Google, and not the OEM, or carrier.

Edit: If Android OEMs didn't make such awesome hardware I would have never jumped ship LOL! I love my S3, I just like to complain alot, and really want project butter, and Google Now. :P

Last time that I checked, AT&T is not yet owned by Google and is free to customize the release of an OS update as necessary to deploy on its network. These tree hugging, earth biscuit NWO types who believe in unfettered world of communal re-distribution and no boundaries need to get a grip on reality. AT&T has always been slow with OS updates. Do we wish that they were not so slow? Sure. If you don't like the way the company does business, then vote with your wallet. We should see the update before Christmas.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    emathed likes this.

Disregard...
    Last edited by Amarak; 11-14-2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: stupid ATT getting hopes up...

Global Posts
    1,933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBrefugee View Post
    The Nexus is a non-starter for me also. No LTE, no removable battery.
    +1 more..... I'm gonna opt for the G Note 10.1. High powered tab, sd card and with unlimited data & wifi hot spot on my GSIII I'm good to go. I probably won't use much data out & about anyway.

sent from my GSIII from AC Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12