Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Update fails

I am tried more than 5 times to update the software from the about phone and update option. It finds new update but it fails while installing it. I am keep getting error E:Invalid command argument, E:failed to verity whole-file signature, E: signature verification failed, Installation aborted!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Default Re: Update fails

Yeah just keep the software you have now and just wait till jelly bean hits at&t. Your not missing anything on the at&t update(4.0.4)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Are you on a strong Wifi signal?
    Try restarting your phone then try installing again.

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by yashuvp View Post
    I am tried more than 5 times to update the software from the about phone and update option. It finds new update but it fails while installing it. I am keep getting error E:Invalid command argument, E:failed to verity whole-file signature, E: signature verification failed, Installation aborted!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    smooth's suggestion sounds good. And you could also go to an AT&T store and try using their WiFi, that is, unless AT&T is using their neighbor's WiFi signal, which several of the AT&T stores in our area seem to do. Namely, Bixby Coffee! lol Although, one of our local AT&T Corp. stores runs off their own strong WiFi, and if you could find one nearby to you, maybe the the AT&T store could help you with getting the update loaded successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty View Post
    Yeah just keep the software you have now and just wait till jelly bean hits at&t. Your not missing anything on the at&t update(4.0.4) s
    Except it is really nice to have the screen brightness slider @ the Notification drop-down that the (ending in: ~LH9) updated build & baseband versions provide.