Can't Delete Text Conversations

jeannell

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I cant delete my conversation Threads..i already tried The history eraser but it Didnt Work..my Phone Is lg lu6200 lte..please Help me i Amsuffering with this kind of problem for two months

missy dangelo

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. The history eraser app fixed my problem... I had a group text message I could not delete, even after I deleted all my texts. It still showed up as if i had an unread text message, and was at the top of my phone I would slide it down I could read who it came from and what it said, but when I clicked on the notification it would be a blank text no sender nothing. Kept showing I had one unread texts but I had just deleted all my texts. I have been trying to fix this for 2 days.

Ververny

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
i had the same problem .... go to messages ... press menu .... delete threads .... mark the desired contacts .... press delete .... close messages and open it again .... that solved the problem for me ...... btw after doing that when i long press any messages and choose delete threads it works fine and remove the threads with the contact name which didn't work for me at first ... hope that be helpful

It Worked!

scatlowglob

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Here the step:
1. Backup All SMS using "SMS Backup & Restore" app to your externalCard
2. Your devices must be rooted
3. Open root explorer, go to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databeses/mmssms.db
4. if you want you can copy the current "mmssms.db" to externalCard for backup too
5. Delete current "mmssms.db" file
6. Restart phone
7. Now all your sms will disappear, if you want restore just some of sms threads, you can restore them using "SMS Backup & Restore" app from the backup sms data that already made

Hope this help

Dave Wyatt

May 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm having exactly the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. I have not changed any settings and do not know why I can't delete a particular message thread. I have changed the battery recently but this would not have made it impossible to delete message threads. Any ideas?

Phillip Stone

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have tried to go into the go sms pro application settings to delete older messages on my lg android phone and it will not let me go into the application settings? The only thing that will open is the messages itself?

Bhaskar Reddy2

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Ok guys n gals, I guess I am the smart help. Yea. I found it. Someone said
1. Go to your play store for Google
2. Download "history eraser" there are several and to save u time I will tell which one
Worked for me. View attachment 47216
3. Once downloaded, open it
4. Click delete all sms and mms
Or if u want to clean more click it
5. Then hit clean.
Done
I guess another good quick free apphope it works for you all too
The you all

Finally solved, I could delete a specific SMS. History eraser app did the trick, though it said it will delete all 1400 sms, it gave me an option to delete specific SMS.
Thank u

Last edited by a moderator:

cvfd1437

Nov 21, 2017
Visit site
So I go delete several texts conversations and 10 mins later they are back on my text list as if I didn't delete them at all. I've never had this issue before until now. And when I do get a text from someone it doesn't show at the top of the list like normal. I have to scroll down and find it. Anyone else have this issue ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome