Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Probably Displaying My Ignorance Kinda Question

I'm new to the world of Samsung. On my HTC Inspire, I could tell it what things to alarm for, blink for, vibrate for etc. I've basically figured out finally how to tell my G3 to not ding everytime I get an email. I like my phone to ding for missed calls and texts but not email. I finally figured out how to do that. I also like the phone to blink when I miss a call or text but not for email. After much frustration, I have finally figured out that as far as the led light, it's all or nothing. I can either enable the light for all missed calls, texts and unfortunately, emails or I can get no notifications period! So my question is how bad does that blinky led light run down a battery. I don't have my phone with me every moment and it might blink for an hour or more on occasion if I have an email etc.

Default Re: Probably Displaying My Ignorance Kinda Question

Quote Originally Posted by lynnpudas View Post
    I'm new to the world of Samsung. On my HTC Inspire, I could tell it what things to alarm for, blink for, vibrate for etc. I've basically figured out finally how to tell my G3 to not ding everytime I get an email. I like my phone to ding for missed calls and texts but not email. I finally figured out how to do that. I also like the phone to blink when I miss a call or text but not for email. After much frustration, I have finally figured out that as far as the led light, it's all or nothing. I can either enable the light for all missed calls, texts and unfortunately, emails or I can get no notifications period! So my question is how bad does that blinky led light run down a battery. I don't have my phone with me every moment and it might blink for an hour or more on occasion if I have an email etc.
    I set my phone to have LED notifications for everything, and it doesn't affect my battery....I don't think it will affect it too much
    Thanked by:

I use Go SMS and Go Dialer/Contacts and with it I can adjust color, and "blinkability" for various functions from within the app. Never tried to adjust the settings from the native app so sorry.
    Thanked by:

Can you tell me how you got the ringing notification for missed calls and texts only? I have been digging through the phone and haven't found it yet.

Also, how can I change the frequency of the ringing notification? Right now I get a ring when the initial call or text arrives,but nothing after that. I normally don't check my phone of the screen is off, only if I get a ring or vibe then I know I missed something. Hate to say this, but my Moto Electrify was easier to use.

I use the gmail app and my LED light doesn't blink for my email.