1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google now, need JB?

Having switched from an iPhone the only thing I really miss is SIRI for reading my text messages and responding while I drive. I understand that Google Now in JB will do that too. Since we have no idea when AT&T will update the OS, is there a way to get Google Now functionality now (without rooting and loading a custom JB)?

Default Re: Google now, need JB?

Quote Originally Posted by rteichman View Post
    Having switched from an iPhone the only thing I really miss is SIRI for reading my text messages and responding while I drive. I understand that Google Now in JB will do that too. Since we have no idea when AT&T will update the OS, is there a way to get Google Now functionality now (without rooting and loading a custom JB)?
    Don't think so.. You would have to root. If you want something reading your text messages / have something to talk to while driving so you don't have to text you can try the S-voice or try turning on driving mode.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Don't think so.. You would have to root. If you want something reading your text messages / have something to talk to while driving so you don't have to text you can try the S-voice or try turning on driving mode.
    I did not think S-voice was able to accurately read and respond to text messages. I'll give it a try tonight.

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Task650 & kTOONSEZ

Yes

Samsung M100 Uproar > Samsung X480 > Siemens SK65 > BlackBerry 7100T > BlackBerry 8220 Pearl Flip > Palm Pre > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy S 2 > Samsung Galaxy S 3
    Samsung M100 Uproar > Samsung X480 > Siemens SK65 > BlackBerry 7100T > BlackBerry 8220 Pearl Flip > Palm Pre > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Nexus 4 > Soon Nexus 5

Nexus 7 / 2 x Minix Neo X7

Google Now can't read texts either. I have it on my rooted SG3. Honestly, to me it's not close to Siri. I had an iPhone 5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2