Preventing the home button from waking up the phone.
Is there a way to prevent the home button from waking up the phone when the screen is off?
Since the button is mechanical, and not recessed like an iPhone button, it gets pressed by accident too many times. The display comes on when the phone is in my pocket, while I'm carrying it in my hand, placing it face down on an uneven surface, etc.
Is there a way to disable the wake up function of the button? Why not just use the power button, like any other Android phone?
- 11-06-2012, 03:16 PM #2
- 1,973 Posts
Re: Preventing the home button from waking up the phone.
Hmmm, what difference would it make? Are you trying to save battery? Or is it like a pet peeve that it comes on. I use the home button to turn on my phone sometimes and prefer to have both, but I'm not too sure of the option to turn it off.
You must have a lot of things in ur pocket that it automatically turns on or a loose home button...you could also find a case that raises a bit above the front of the phone so it doesn't touch the eneven surface your placing it on
- 11-07-2012, 09:42 PM #3
- By LoveMyPhone in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 07-18-2012, 07:56 PM
- By simba115 in forum AT&T Samsung InfuseReplies: 10Last Post: 07-20-2011, 09:48 PM
- By razvan30ro in forum HTC DesireReplies: 2Last Post: 02-07-2011, 06:35 AM
- By razvan30ro in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 02-04-2011, 12:44 PM
- By razvan30ro in forum Market HelpReplies: 0Last Post: 02-04-2011, 05:51 AM