Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kies, Jelly Bean

Spoke to Samsung tech support earlier this evening (Nov. 6). Can't synch my S3 with Windows 8 PC using Kies. She told me this is an existing, known issue and that tomorrow (Nov. 7) a new version of Kies will be released, AND that it can be used to update to Jelly Bean tomorrow, as well. So, new Kies and Jelly Bean tomorrow for S3. True or BS? That's what I was told.

Default Re: Kies, Jelly Bean

I don't believe at&t has released Jelly Bean yet for the SIII.

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmx31415 View Post
    I don't believe at&t has released Jelly Bean yet for the SIII.
    Well, it is 6:30am here on the east coast, so maybe we will get our JB update today.

Just updated Kies and still receiving the same message. I hope this happens today.

Hope this update drops soon. My win7 pc will be getting the Windows 8 update before the week ends

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

My SG3 works fine in windows 8. I just updated kies and works like a charm. Sadly no JB update
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Just called Samsung tech support again to follow up on what I was told yesterday. She confirmed I dont have the latest firmware and that the most recent version will come OTA from AT&T at a "random date." Regarding Kies, she said my case needs to be escalated to Level 2 support tomorrow. She didn't know anything about a new version of Kies or Jelly Bean coming today. She said, "All I can tell you is what we're told to tell consumers" and then she read to me from her script. So nothing was fixed, and it's all vapor for now. Sorry, you guys.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

My Kies is working fine now with Win8 after the most-recent update. Took 20 minutes to install JB. Me likey. Samsung tech support is full of sh*t. They just say stuff to screw with you.

I downloaded JB last night with Kies on Win 8. Took awhile but it updated

Global Posts
    852 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Question Re: Kies, Jelly Bean

Windows 8 here as well - Can someone share the steps to updating to JB on my AT&T S3 using Kies Air (just updated on my S3) please? As I am not getting any JB update showing?

TIA
    Last edited by pounder001; 12-04-2012 at 07:56 AM.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I have WIn8

I updated Kies

When I connect my GS3 it identifies that I have a firmware update and asks if I want to update. When I select yes and agree to T/C's it downloads the info on the the computer and then stops. A few minutes later it starts all over again saying I have an update available and I can download the update.

But it isn't updating.

Kies has never worked properly on my Win8 or Win7 computer with my phone. Frustrating...

Quote Originally Posted by pounder001 View Post
    Windows 8 here as well - Can someone share the steps to updating to JB on my AT&T S3 using Kies Air (just updated on my S3) please? As I am not getting any JB update showing?

TIA
    You can't update via Kies air, it must be tethered through reg Kies.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Just got off of the phone with Samsung tech support and they told me that the update is not available through Kies and only OTA for JB....
    rlb

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peconicgp View Post
    Just got off of the phone with Samsung tech support and they told me that the update is not available through Kies and only OTA for JB....
    They are clueless. Samsung's own website says that the update to JB will ONLY be through Kies NOT OTA.
    SAMSUNG

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I have performed each of the trouble shooting steps from the Samsung website and continue to get the same results of the phone simply reconnecting after my computer prepares the firmware update...

Anyone else else experiencing this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums