Best Buy Black Friday

Ricky20

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy is offering the s3 for 49.99 with a 2 yr contract on black friday...just to let people know who don't have one or plans on getting one for somebody

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
That's what I figured they'd be @ by black friday. :rolleyes: I bet it'll be @ $49. with all four main Amer. carriers soon.
But after paying $94. in mid-Oct. plus getting the activation waved...I'm okay with it. Besides, all the sooner? it's lead? to finding this way cool AC Forum, where there's many friendly kind member's and some great advice, info. & threads to read ! :cool:

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
That pretty much confirms my guess that the AT&T version will be $49 on Black Friday too. I'm guessing Amazon will be one of the $49 places. Maybe Radio Shack too.

bailman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Do they ever put phones on sale that are off contact? I want to keep my unlimited data, but would like to buy a brand new device with a warranty? A good sale price would be nice? Just wondering, thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Ricky20

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
No its not..its for ATT as well. Go to the best buy website

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

tomtomsf

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
f you click on the menu item in that Best Buy ad, then Mobile Phones page 17, you can see the AT&T Galaxy S3 is also going to be $49.

I wonder it the AT&T store will match that price?

Tom G.

BB Black Friday.JPGI

tomtomsf

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
The Best Buy ad lists both, Sprint and AT&T, for the $49 price. They are on different pages in the ad.

Bummer about AT&T store not price matching. I'd prefer to buy from them. I will go for the best deal I can get. I even think Amazon might have the S3 available for $0 on Black Friday. That's what Deal News has implied, anyway.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping for a Black Friday $0 deal. In fact I've got Amazon's AT&T S3 page saved in my browser and I check it every day for a lower price. It's $99 right now and I'm guessing it will drop to $49 for Black Friday but $0 would be sweet. I got my Captivate at Radio Shack 2 years ago on Black Friday for $0 & waived activation so they're a $0 Black Friday possibility too but they're not currently selling AT&T phones online, only in the store. One way or the other, $49 or $0 I'm looking forward to my new S3 Black Friday.

I actually think you're better off buying from Amazon, Best Buy, Radio Shack etc. than from AT&T because if you need a replacement phone within the 30 day period you'll get another new phone whereas AT&T generally replaces new phones with refurbs. Also, if you have an unlimited data plan you need to call AT&T to retain it if you buy the phone from a third party online because buying online they sometimes don't offer the grandfathered unlimited data plan option. Also tell AT&T you want the activation fee waived if you were charged one and they generally will accommodate you as a courtesy.

tomtomsf

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Either $49 or $0, one way or the other, but I will be getting my new phone on Black Friday.
Good point about buying from another retailer besides AT&T. The big reason I want to buy from AT&T is if I am not happy with the S3 preformance in my area. I live in an isolated area and it is possible the S3 might not work as well for me. Buying from AT&T allows me to go with another phone within the 15 day period. If I buy from Best Buy and I don't like the way it works, (but it's not broken) then I think I am out of luck.
I will try to get the activation fee waived. They did that for me a few years ago when I got my iPhone but they made it seem like they were doing me a huge favor and it was very out of the ordinary. I had to pay the fee, then they issued back a credit on my bill a few month later.

Tom G.

magic88

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Buy the one I'm selling.
New never activated. No sales tax either.
From AT&T but not under contract and never activated so take anywhere.

Seeking $ best offer over $400. All new in box never used.

TAke it to Wal-Mart and get he $45/ more unlimited everything g 4g plan!!
Call or text me at 708-642-1155 I am in Chicago

I have other items for sale too like a 7" Asus A100 tablet.also

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't think AT&T will have $49 S3 Black Friday pricing (or $0 if a third party retailer does offer it). Right now Amazon has had $99 for about 2 weeks and AT&T is still $199.

Franchise13

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Either $49 or $0, one way or the other, but I will be getting my new phone on Black Friday.
Good point about buying from another retailer besides AT&T. The big reason I want to buy from AT&T is if I am not happy with the S3 preformance in my area. I live in an isolated area and it is possible the S3 might not work as well for me. Buying from AT&T allows me to go with another phone within the 15 day period. If I buy from Best Buy and I don't like the way it works, (but it's not broken) then I think I am out of luck.
I will try to get the activation fee waived. They did that for me a few years ago when I got my iPhone but they made it seem like they were doing me a huge favor and it was very out of the ordinary. I had to pay the fee, then they issued back a credit on my bill a few month later.

Tom G.

I'm definitely in the same boat as you, definitely upgrading next weekend, whether it's from best buy for 50 or hopefully 0 by someone else. Too bad Best Buy doesn't carry the red ones in my area. I'd be too impatient to have one delivered.

I know At&t did a bunch of under $1 phones last year for Black Friday, do you guys know when that ad comes out for this year?

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I think Amazon & Radio Shack (in-store only) will have a Black Friday deal too. I'd sure like to see someone match Sam's Club 96 cent deal. I'm thinking if they can do it so could other retailers.

Franchise13

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I think Amazon & Radio Shack (in-store only) will have a Black Friday deal too. I'd sure like to see someone match Sam's Club 96 cent deal. I'm thinking if they can do it so could other retailers.

Radio Shack is 99 for AT&T but I've heard they price match B&M stores, if they have red ones there, I might just try and get them to match Best Buy's. Like many, haven't set foot in a Radio Shack in AGES. No Sam's Club anywhere near me unfortunately.