lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I swear I saw someone post on this subject (or at least their phone not reading the sd card) but I can't find the post so I apologize if I'm duplicating questions. Have a S3 and have installed app2sd on it to move apps to sd card. Thing is when it first opens it will say something to the effect that phone does not have true external storage (sd card is there and I know when I hook it up to my computer, it is reading both the hard drive on the phone and the sd card) or that phone doesn't support moving apps to sd card. That doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

Does app2sd not support ICS, am I doing something wrong? When I select an app to move to sd card, all I get is the option to uninstall. I 3even tried through app manager on phone and it still gives the same options. Is there another app that will work better than app2sd?? I'm okay space wise. I did figure out how to transfer pictures and music to sd card via computer and so I have 12 gigs of memory left on the device. I know though as time goes on and I get app happy, that room will diminish and using too much memory on phone will slow it down. Any thoughts. Really need to figure this out.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I swear I saw someone post on this subject (or at least their phone not reading the sd card) but I can't find the post so I apologize if I'm duplicating questions. Have a S3 and have installed app2sd on it to move apps to sd card. Thing is when it first opens it will say something to the effect that phone does not have true external storage (sd card is there and I know when I hook it up to my computer, it is reading both the hard drive on the phone and the sd card) or that phone doesn't support moving apps to sd card. That doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

Does app2sd not support ICS, am I doing something wrong? When I select an app to move to sd card, all I get is the option to uninstall. I 3even tried through app manager on phone and it still gives the same options. Is there another app that will work better than app2sd?? I'm okay space wise. I did figure out how to transfer pictures and music to sd card via computer and so I have 12 gigs of memory left on the device. I know though as time goes on and I get app happy, that room will diminish and using too much memory on phone will slow it down. Any thoughts. Really need to figure this out.

It's not ICS, it's the phone. Storage is not partitioned the same as it used to be, so it does not support moving apps to SD. Here's a more complete explanation.

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. That makes sense. I do have a lot of apps on my phone. I came from an htc inspire and was constantly running out of room and moving apps to sd card etc. I'm not used to a phone that can store as much as S3 does. The unfortunate thing is I don't have the S3 anymore. :( When I upgraded, the one I had just wasn't quite a completely happy phone. Calendar storage would stop and I would have to restart phone so it could find its storage again, wouldn't automatically sync with bluetooth in car no matter what I did, checked, changed etc. I could work around it fairly easily (if my memory happened to be working at that point in time) but shouldn't have had to do that. I'd set my ring tone and then it would ring with an entirely different ringtone. I'm not very computer savvy but I am savvy enough to set all this up.

At any rate, I decided since I was in the window, to go ahead and get the Note 2 which really was what my heart wanted (my wallet was a lot more skeptical) in the first place. Really worked out well cause the phones really function the same way except for the s pen and am loving the Note 2!!! Of course, your explanation works for the note 2. I did go ahead and move all media to sd card and with 156 apps (including some apps and bloatware already installed on phone) but I imagine at least 100 are ones I installed and I still have almost 10 gigs left. I just have to get rid of the mind set, gotta make room for the next great app I want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma