Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is KIES the only way?

Is KIES the only software that can be used for my GS3? Being an Apple iPhone convert it seems a problem I cannot save apps to my PC, especially since an app I removed now that I want it again wants to charge me.

Global Posts
    3,599 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: Is KIES the only way?

Quote Originally Posted by urrl View Post
    Is KIES the only software that can be used for my GS3? Being an Apple iPhone convert it seems a problem I cannot save apps to my PC, especially since an app I removed now that I want it again wants to charge me.
    Try SyncMate, it works for me. Get the phone app from the Market, and also put it on your computer(go to the website). Once installed, everything that you input, should automatically sync. Good luck.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Hey urrl ;-)
    I started to read the 'overview' on ES File Explorer File Manager the other day, but didn't have time to finish reading it or the reviews. Not sure if that's also an app that might help you? Sync Mate, thanks grunt0300, sounds interesting.
    For music, iSyncr for PC (USB & Wi-Fi) has been working good for me. I didn't care for the Kies Air UI, and the USB Kies took forever to transfer things on my wifes' Note.
    Hope ya find something that works good. I'll be following this thread with interest. ;-)

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Go to the Google play store and press menu and select all apps and move to the left page and there should be a list of all the apps you've ever downloaded and purchased

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

You can just browse through the phone while connected to a computer and copy files directly if you wanted. Kies Air will also work if you don't like regular Kies. Unlike Apple devices, you are NOT locked into just one way to do things with Android.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    Try SyncMate, it works for me. Get the phone app from the Market, and also put it on your computer(go to the website). Once installed, everything that you input, should automatically sync. Good luck.
    Does SyncMate work with MS outlook?

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB 7/19 build

I'm not sure what you are asking? The apps you buy are linked to your gmail account. If you bought the app, installed still or not, it shouldn't make you pay for it again as long as you are still using the account you bought the app with in the first place.
    Nexus running .............
    Coming from a 2 1/2 year old BB Tour