Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
Like Tree99Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #251  

Default Re: Anyone got Jelly Bean yet? Its supposedly going to be released this week on AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    But nobody jumps carriers just cause they don't have the update,so its not THAT big of a deal..

My one x is better then your one x!!
    /
    D:
    \
    Lol I know I am not gonna really jump carriers....Im just saying lol
    SenseMonkey likes this.

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Anyone got Jelly Bean yet? Its supposedly going to be released this week on AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Lol I know I am not gonna really jump carriers....Im just saying lol
    Smart man^ :thumbup: :thumbup: 2 thrumbs up ayyeee.. lol

My one x is better then your one x!!
    /
    D:
    \
    smooth4lyfe likes this.

I can wait for an update too. I think one of the things is the "soon" phrase.
    The way I see it is if someone is cooking dinner and you ask them when it is done, they reply "soon", you will probably come back around in 10 minutes or so and ask again. If the reply was 30 minutes, you will come back around 30 minutes.
    Basically, it is the lack of communication that pisses me off I feel there is very little said on what is going on and when it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by casper5090 View Post
    I can wait for an update too. I think one of the things is the "soon" phrase.
    The way I see it is if someone is cooking dinner and you ask them when it is done, they reply "soon", you will probably come back around in 10 minutes or so and ask again. If the reply was 30 minutes, you will come back around 30 minutes.
    Basically, it is the lack of communication that pisses me off I feel there is very little said on what is going on and when it will happen.
    That is a big part of it. Coupled with two carriers here, the international version has had it for a couple months, now the Canadian carriers rolled it out, and it makes people wonder wtf they are doing. It makes them look bad honestly. If I had an option of another carrier with similar coverage (Sprint and T-mo are pathetic signal-wise here) I would have paid the ETF a while back but not based solely on this. How they got to be the number 2 carrier to begin with is beyond me.

And now my S3 has the official JB update, FINALLY! Better late, than never!
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    And now my S3 has the official JB update, FINALLY! Better late, than never!
    Say what????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Newtoandroid99 View Post
    Say what????????????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone got Jelly Bean yet? Its supposedly going to be released this week on AT&T-uploadfromtaptalk1354591770984.jpg  

The update seems to be available through samsung kies

Quote Originally Posted by casper5090 View Post
    The update seems to be available through samsung kies

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

looks like OTA as well: SAMSUNG
    rlb

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    looks like OTA as well: SAMSUNG
    It says it will only be available through Kies, NOT OTA.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I could have sworn it said OTA as well....musta read it wrong
    rlb

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I could have sworn it said OTA as well....musta read it wrong
    Under "How do I get this update" it says in bold "This update will not be made available over-the-air". Oh well.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

kies is just as easy

In theory yes it should be easy but it never is usually. My experience saw me watch it freeze three times, uninstall it, re-install it, freeze again, finally worked after being frozen during the update for about twenty minutes. Kies is pure dogcrap, plainly put and pardon my bluntness. I really don't see why it couldn't be an OTA when it would've went down easier for people. Most of the ones who care will get it but what about those who don't read sites like this getting it. AT&T finally gave the update but STILL screwed over their customers. I can't wait till my contract is up tbh. I'll get Straight Talk and a Nexus cause this is for the birds. lol Watch it take five months or more if we even get 4.2.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I am guessing it is to keep network traffic down but I have no idea. The other thing to do since Kies is crap. Odin the ota. I am sure it is on xda by now. Same process without the hassles you are talking aboht

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

My Stellar on Verizon runs, Stunningly Stellar on ICS. :-D

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Android Central Forums
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011