Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Default Re: Anyone got Jelly Bean yet? Its supposedly going to be released this week on AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by fr3GStoGS3 View Post
    What I I don't understand is, WHY DOES ANYONE CARE ??? :major rolleyes:

What's the big deal? Why the big anxious, panting fever to upgrade your phones OS? . . . As if life itself depended on it. :rolleyes: As if life itself depended on when you get the JB update? :rolleyes:

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't live my life through my phone tracker. :rolleyes: I don't walk through life, everyday, with my phone tracker practically glued to my hand, like so many of this planets sheeple-humans-huphones do nowadays. :rolleyes: Never have. Never will.
    Moreover, after using a GS3 and reading bits & pieces on this AC forum for the last month . . . I've yet to see a single screenshot of JB that looks nicer or more appealing visually, than ICS 4.0 TW ! In fact, every single screenshot of JB that I've seen looks less visually appealing, and less interesting. :rolleyes, again:
    So I for one don't plan on updating to JB, and will wait and see what (Key Lime Pie?) looks like, a little further on down the road.

And I repeat, what's the big deal ??? Are there some great techno advances with JB that have rendered it to be so worthy of being so coveted; so anticipated; so indispensable, therefore causing so many sheeple to be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nervously & anxiously needful of it . . . . that perhaps I haven't heard about??? :rolleyes, again, and again:

Kinda reminds of that ol' JD (John Denver) song Blow Up Your TV's. More and more sheeple-humans-huphones need to set their phones trackers down, and take a look around. :rolleyes: There's lots and lots of life out there everyday, choke-full of incredibly far-out & beautiful natural wonders. If you don't stop and set your phones trackers down once in a while . . . you might just miss it.
    If you didn't want better functionality through updates on your smartphone, you should have just got a Blackberry! Some of us actually want our phones to perform better. JellyBean actually adds speeds enhancements to the device which allow it to run smoother, sorry if you can't figure out why that's important.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Default Re: Anyone got Jelly Bean yet? Its supposedly going to be released this week on AT&T

Well it looks like the update is out .....for Tmobile users As usual AT&T fails and doesn't deliver Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Newtoandroid99 View Post
    Well it looks like the update is out .....for Tmobile users As usual AT&T fails and doesn't deliver Jack.
    AT&T HAS to be close behind. The update has been out for a good while now, there's no reason why they should be holding on to this update any longer than need be.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

I have a feeling that we will be getting it within this week or next. At&t always loves to just release something without giving advanced notice. I hope that it comes out by the end of this week or next and not December.
    Bye iPhone Hello Samsung GS3

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

I got a youtube update. Does that count?

I knew we'd be last. This sucks ***.

ROM
    Intergalactic 2.4

How the hell does T-Mobile get the jump on anybody?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by NewMind83 View Post
    How the hell does T-Mobile get the jump on anybody?

AT&T doesn't care about the consumer, they're the #2 US carrier. They will release if, and when Verizon does, and not a moment sooner.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

T-Mobile got their update?? wwwtttfffff
    I'm so close to rooting my phone now...didnt want to have to do it though

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    If you didn't want better functionality through updates on your smartphone, you should have just got a Blackberry! Some of us actually want our phones to perform better. JellyBean actually adds speeds enhancements to the device which allow it to run smoother, sorry if you can't figure out why that's important.
    Per your signature, you may well be "an Apple geek who is now an Android convert" but its obvious you don't know jack about BlackBerry's. There are many reasons to move from BlackBerry to Android these days, I've done it myself after many years of using a BlackBerry. But its actually easier to update/upgrade to a new OS version on the BlackBerry before the carrier releases it than it is on Android. The new releases almost always "leak" when they've been released to the carriers, and you can download and install the "leaked" OS without rooting or anything similar being necessary. Just download, install and you're done.
    Longtime BlackBerry user, navigating my way through the Android forest,
    sometimes wishing for a better map!

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I'm not putting any eggs in my basket here. However I do welcome the update if it did come this week!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    My Blog: C2JBlog.com

Quote Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
    Per your signature, you may well be "an Apple geek who is now an Android convert" but its obvious you don't know jack about BlackBerry's. There are many reasons to move from BlackBerry to Android these days, I've done it myself after many years of using a BlackBerry. But its actually easier to update/upgrade to a new OS version on the BlackBerry before the carrier releases it than it is on Android. The new releases almost always "leak" when they've been released to the carriers, and you can download and install the "leaked" OS without rooting or anything similar being necessary. Just download, install and you're done.
    I was mainly getting at the lack of functionality on most BlackBerry devices compared to Android. I'm sure RIM has a uniform upgrade model like Apple unlike most android OEMS.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Does anyone know if JB improves S talk

I believe that Google Now more or less replaces S Voice in most functionality.

I will say that with the last stock OTA, S Voice has gotten better. I use it to open apps and make calls when driving to remain hands free. It's also ok with dictating/sending simple text messages.

I do wonder what we will lose as the OS is updated. Reading the international forums, they seem to have lost drive mode. That would upset me. I use drive mode all the time to read aloud text messages that are received.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailindawg View Post
    I believe that Google Now more or less replaces S Voice in most functionality.

I will say that with the last stock OTA, S Voice has gotten better. I use it to open apps and make calls when driving to remain hands free. It's also ok with dictating/sending simple text messages.

I do wonder what we will lose as the OS is updated. Reading the international forums, they seem to have lost drive mode. That would upset me. I use drive mode all the time to read aloud text messages that are received.
    FWIW, I installed Vlingo, which can be configured to replace S-Talk for all the voice functions, and for me it works with much better accuracy than I was seeing with S-Voice.
    Longtime BlackBerry user, navigating my way through the Android forest,
    sometimes wishing for a better map!

It's a news story from last Wednesday and only a few more days for this rumor.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

I already have doubts about this rumor, doesn't seem likely!

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    I really hope those rumors were true! Its supposed to be the latest version of Jelly Bean 4.1.2 with the multi-window feature that the Note 2 has

Read about it here
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean update for AT&T coming next week? (Rumor) | Pop Herald Technology News
    I'd say the update is coming Friday or early next week. Att is launching the Galaxy camera on November 16th. It comes with jelly bean. The galaxy camera is basically the Galaxy s3 with a big lens.

http://bgr.com/2012/11/13/att-samsung-galaxy-camera-release-date-499-99-jellybean/
    mc1992 likes this.

Why don't you guys just flash to a custom rom? They're so much better than the stock rom. Anyone can do it as long as you can read. Seriously. Why wait for AT&T???
    Thanked by:
    acs326 

Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    Why don't you guys just flash to a custom rom? They're so much better than the stock rom. Anyone can do it as long as you can read. Seriously. Why wait for AT&T???
    Because we really shouldn't have to root to get updates to our OS and have things not work right that we use. Might as well wait since most ROMs aren't stable till around official update releases or after. Apple can do it, Google can do it, and that's it plus the bottom two U.S. carriers got it out before the top two. It's pretty sad tbh.
    XChrisX likes this.

Hmmm, Sprints first now T-Mobile, two lesser carriers get the jump before two of the biggest carriers, very odd. I still say this week or next. I wonder if Google Now can be opened the same way as SVoice?

I will never buy an Android device direct from the carriers again... I'm hoping Google releases a Nexus 4 w/ LTE in the coming months, I will surely dump my AT&T S3.

Nexus 4 won't be LTE

Quote Originally Posted by brkaras View Post
    Nexus 4 won't be LTE

Yea I know, it's HSPA+, however I heard rumors that may release a LTE version in the coming months?

Quote Originally Posted by Archienj7 View Post
    Because we really shouldn't have to root to get updates to our OS and have things not work right that we use. Might as well wait since most ROMs aren't stable till around official update releases or after. Apple can do it, Google can do it, and that's it plus the bottom two U.S. carriers got it out before the top two. It's pretty sad tbh.
    While I don't disagree with everything you said, your still a little misleads on custom roms. Have you tried the rom Liquid Smooth or AOKP by Task 650? Those are pure Jelly Bean roms and run very well with very little bugs. Even stock the stock rom has bugs. You won't any stock rom nor custom rom bug free.

There are also several very smooth running custom roms based entirely on stock. I don't know any off the top of my head, but you should try it out. A while ago I use to be nervous but just kept reading up on it and became a pro at flashing roms.

It's nice because most developers update weekly, maybe even more. Thts my incentive right there haha.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast