New to android....help with accounts and sync

my5pumpkins

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the Galaxy 3. I am reading the owners manual and I cannot figure out exactly what the accounts and sync option does. Can someone help me with this? Thanks!!!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the Galaxy 3. I am reading the owners manual and I cannot figure out exactly what the accounts and sync option does. Can someone help me with this? Thanks!!!

You can connect your Facebook, Google, and other accounts so it automatically syncs with your phone
Settings -> Accounts & Sync

You can also choose what you want to sync, for example, with Facebook, you can sync your contacts info, and even check their status updates and posts from your contacts app
With Google, you can sync your contacts and calendars to their cloud so it can easily be transferred when you switch phones

bobbyp5

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Do not make the mistake I did... When hitting sync on facebook which is very nice but, it syncs everyone. I had people in my phone 900+ I was like wtf howd they get there. Had to delete and restore my phone book. You'll know if you have done it but everyone here is very helpful unlike some people I have noticed when i was a bb user and also a iPhone user. I made the move like you did and not looking back!

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Using Gmail for contact syncing is the best bet. Also, if you want good battery life, go to Settings>Accounts and Sync>Gmail account and check off only those things you want to sync such as contacts, calendar, email etc. However, be careful with Google + and Picasa albums. I found that if you check Picasa albums sometimes the syncing hangs up in the Gallery and burns down the battery fast. I unchecked it and get GREAT battery life now. You can manually sync any photos you have to your Google + account too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia