• 1 Post By winmod21
  • 2 Post By smooth4lyfe
  • 1 Post By winmod21
  • 1 Post By The Hustleman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Not happy with my s3...need advice

So, I like android(actually love it), but I find the quality of the actually s3 to be lacking...who has moved away from an s3 for a similar reason and what did you get?

ROM
    Intergalactic 2.4

Default Re: Not happy with my s3...need advice

What are you not liking about it so far?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    XChrisX and heatherrunkel like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Plastic/cheap feeling...and I'm not an Apple ******. No interest in Apple products...I had an S2 and felt it was more sturdy.

Slide on a Rocketfish silicon case and you're problem is solved.
    bevcraw likes this.

Personally I like my friend's HTC One S, but it's not available on AT&T (and no SD, and no removable battery...). It's a bit smaller so easier for one handed use and it has a metal back. However, amongst the AT&T phones, I'm not sure there is anything better....

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by xvt79 View Post
    So, I like android(actually love it), but I find the quality of the actually s3 to be lacking...who has moved away from an s3 for a similar reason and what did you get?
    Quote Originally Posted by xvt79 View Post
    Plastic/cheap feeling...and I'm not an Apple ******. No interest in Apple products...I had an S2 and felt it was more sturdy.
    I was considering returning my S3, as well, but decided to keep it and order a case. And as OhAlfie intimated, there really is a big difference, and big improvement in the overall feel and comfort of use with the S3 after putting a case on the S3.
    I went with this case; post #132 a few days ago, and it has changed, for the better, the entire look & feel of the S3. makes the S3 slightly thicker than an iPhone; easier to hold and use; and the black rim-surround-trim (on the UAG case) makes my Pebble Blue S3 [ with a bullit-proof MYBAT screen protector, part # SAMSIIILCDSCPRTW ] actually look like a black phone!

Only negative so far with this case: although the case finish looks like a matte finish, it's kinda smoother and a little slippery than I had expected. But I still love the case, and everyone whose seen it really compliments it.

Just get a case, I don't think the way it feels should be a reason to exchange the phone. Its a pretty powerful phone once you really get to using it

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Just get a case, I don't think the way it feels should be a reason to exchange the phone. Its a pretty powerful phone once you really get to using it
    Well, aside from what you 'think' or don't 'think', smoothy , 'feel' is important to a lot of people. Most people have their phones for at least 1.5 to 2 years. How the phone feels in the hand and it's overall comfort is important, and does matter to most people, as it reasonably should.
    Just because you . . "don't think the way it feels should be a reason to exchange the phone" . . doesn't mean it altogether shouldn't be "a reason" for other user's "to exchange."
    smooth4lyfe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fr3GStoGS3 View Post
    Well, aside from what you 'think' or don't 'think', smoothy , 'feel' is important to a lot of people. Most people have their phones for at least 1.5 to 2 years. How the phone feels in the hand and it's overall comfort is important, and does matter to most people, as it reasonably should.
    Just because you . . "don't think the way it feels should be a reason to exchange the phone" . . doesn't mean it altogether shouldn't be "a reason" for other user's "to exchange."
    Lol well thats true, but I figured that the actual use of the phone is more important than the way it feels, which can ultimately be fixed by getting a more stronger durable case
    heatherrunkel and winmod21 like this.

If your not liking your GSIII, I suggest you flash some AOKP goodness. You won't be disappointed. Pure Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    If your not liking your GSIII, I suggest you flash some AOKP goodness. You won't be disappointed. Pure Jelly Bean 4.1.2
    That has nothing to do with what his problem with his S3 is.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    That has nothing to do with what his problem with his S3 is.

Well he doesn't go into detail how his S3 is lacking. Maybe he justs needs a new case or new rom or something. Build quality isn't that great on the S3. Mine is fine, other than a loose volume rocker that somewhat can be heard when the phone vibrates, but oh well. Still an awesome device.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    Well he doesn't go into detail how his S3 is lacking. Maybe he justs needs a new case or new rom or something. Build quality isn't that great on the S3. Mine is fine, other than a loose volume rocker that somewhat can be heard when the phone vibrates, but oh well. Still an awesome device.
    He said his problem was the cheap-plastic feeling the S3 has (though I've read its misleading to the actual quality of the material) so a case would be his best solution. A new ROM wouldn't help. Haha

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Lol well thats true, but I figured that the actual use of the phone is more important than the way it feels, which can ultimately be fixed by getting a more stronger durable case
    That's true too! Or, should I say, too true?!
    smooth4lyfe likes this.

One handed operation can be solved with a Flygrip. Bunch of YouTube videos to see what it is. I was sold and after one day of using it, not sure how I lived without it.

If you want a sturdier phone can try diff cases or wait for a nexus to be in stock

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I find it funny that people claim to want lightweight phones, but when they get them they complain

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.