Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By smooth4lyfe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pop Herald JB Rumors = False

Looks like Pop Herald made up the JB rumor just to gain some traffic. Funny how they now say may be a few weeks to a month. I wonder if the whole story was made up.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Re: Pop Herald JB Rumors = False

I think deep down we all knew it was made up! While it was a nice thought but sadly att will drag their feet. I'm guessing sometime in DEC we may see the JB update. but I hope later today I can come back to this post and make a "I have my foot in my mouth!" post saying that I was wrong! :P The one time that I don't mind being incorrect. :P
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Maybe they will release JB alongside of the Galaxy Camera? If Samsung has had JB ready, and on plenty of S3 devices worldwide. From a business standpoint, is there any real reason for AT&T to hold out on pushing out this update? I mean they already have our money(when we purchased the phone, and signed a new 2 year contract), and when we pay our bill every month. Makes no sense really.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    Maybe they will release JB alongside of the Galaxy Camera? If Samsung has had JB ready, and on plenty of S3 devices worldwide. From a business standpoint, is there any real reason for AT&T to hold out on pushing out this update? I mean they already have our money(when we purchased the phone, and signed a new 2 year contract), and when we pay our bill every month. Makes no sense really.
    They use the newer OS to push newer phones and get more 2yr contracts I'd imagine. Only line of thinking I can really see. Maybe use JB as a leverage point when a competitor releases something new?

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise13 View Post
    They use the newer OS to push newer phones and get more 2yr contracts I'd imagine. Only line of thinking I can really see. Maybe use JB as a leverage point when a competitor releases something new?
    Coming from an iPhone, it really sucks being at the mercy of AT&T for software updates. Especially considering the SIII is still a relatively new device. I guess I wouldn't be so upset if everyone else didn't already have this update. I'm just not used to slower updates OS updates like this.
    I also tweeted @att asking about the update but of course I didn't get a response from them.
    Last edited by ChrisXe; 11-16-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Accordong to this site, its coming in the next 2 weeks, but then again I have stopped believing any website claims

Taking this long, it had better be 4.1.2 with the multi window feature! This is taking too long
    XChrisX likes this.

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

When will 4.2 roll out?

ROM
    4.1.2 Cyanogen

Quote Originally Posted by BBrefugee View Post
    When will 4.2 roll out?
    Tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by BBrefugee View Post
    When will 4.2 roll out?
    Long after Key Lime Pie. In other words, next to never.

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    Coming from an iPhone, it really sucks being at the mercy of AT&T for software updates. Especially considering the SIII is still a relatively new device. I guess I wouldn't be so upset if everyone else didn't already have this update. I'm just not used to slower updates OS updates like this.
    I also tweeted @att asking about the update but of course I didn't get a response from them.
    For what it is worth, we will probably see more of a change with Jelly Bean than the iPhone will see until iOS 7 or whatever the version for next year is called. Other than maintenance releases, how many feature addition updates does Apple actually put out there?