I've got root!

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone I just rooted my s3 thanks to these forums helping me out so I just wanted to say thank you:D

my awesome nexus 7

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Right now I'm looking at all the different ROMs to flash. Which ones are the most stable and have most things working?

my awesome nexus 7

Trigger73

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Heres the link to the cm10 nightlies and the cm10 stable that I recommend. The stable is just that, stable no issues. Dont forget to back your phone first. Titanium backup up work's great.

http://get.cm/?device=d2att

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks I've heard a lot about cm10 ill probably try it out later today. I'm using twerp as recovery and backed it up with that. Does that work the same as titanium or do I need to use that also?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks I've heard a lot about cm10 ill probably try it out later today. I'm using twerp as recovery and backed it up with that. Does that work the same as titanium or do I need to use that also?

You could make a nandroid with busy box installer just to be safe...:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trigger73

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Titanium backup backs up your apps,pictures, music etc. on your phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed cm10 having some trouble with tb I don't think it backed up my apps

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I hope u are aware that when rooting, it takes away all Samsung features (Kies Air, All Share, WiFi Direct, and possibly gestures)

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I used wifi direct twice and never used any of the other stuff so I should be good :cool:

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks man I really enjoy learning about things. I read everything I could about it for 3 weeks prior so I would know what I was getting into :beer:

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks man I really enjoy learning about things. I read everything I could about it for 3 weeks prior so I would know what I was getting into :beer:
That's what I've been trying to do for the last 3 weeks . . . but it still seems like I'm reading Chinese half the time. :( . . . :-[

Trigger73

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
That's what I've been trying to do for the last 3 weeks . . . but it still seems like I'm reading Chinese half the time. :( . . . :-[

Heres the videos that i used for cm10 4.1.2 and titanium back up. I felt the same as you until i watched these videos.

Titanium back up Titanium Backup *PRO VERSION* Review! - YouTube
CM10 Stable How To Install STABLE CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on the Samsung Galaxy S III - YouTube
At&t CM10 Roms CyanogenMod Downloads

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
There's def a lot to it but YouTube can help a lot too.

my awesome nexus 7

Heres the videos that i used for cm10 4.1.2 and titanium back up. I felt the same as you until i watched these videos.

Titanium back up Titanium Backup *PRO VERSION* Review! - YouTube
CM10 Stable How To Install STABLE CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on the Samsung Galaxy S III - YouTube
At&t CM10 Roms CyanogenMod Downloads
Thanks very much, expydude & Trigger73 !! ;) I will check them out.