Swapping my S3 for my wifes S3

Dumb1

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I currently own the white version but really like the pebble blue, my wife wants my white S3. What is the best way to go about backing up and resetting my S3 so all my apps and data etc are saved? She just got her phone tonight so nothing needs to be done to hers, I just want my data to be available to load on her phone. Im a previous iphone user and this was pretty simple to do via itunes. I have the backup reset option checked on my phone and i have my photos going to the sim, contacts are synced through google account. Just concerned with apps and there data. Please advise, your help is very much appreciated!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Want the best way?

Root your phone, buy mybackup pro, then back up everything to the sdcard. Then swap sims and sd cards. Preform a factory reset, download mybackup pro from the market.

Restore your APKs
Reboot
Restore the data to those apks
reboot
Restore MMS, SMS and everything under the data tab.

Did this (sorta) last night when i put a new ROM on my phone. Sounds like a ton of work, took maybe half an hour

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Got a recommended root? Ive never rooted but what the heck might as well try it.

It isn't hard and as long as you do not take the cord out in the middle of flashing with Odin, it is almost impossible to mess things up.

Use the guide over in the rooting and roms section to do it and you will be fine. Read the whole thing, if you don't understand something ask.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams