Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default APN question

Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 AT&T 16GB Android version 4.04
    I've searched and can not find a definative answer...
    I just bought this phone as unlocked...I was able to install the sim from Straight Talk...
    I can make and recieve calls no problem...so is my phone unlocked?
    I created a new APN and used all the settings that Straigh Talk provided...
    but i can not delete the AT&T APN and i can not select the new APN for Straigh Talk...
    So i have no internet connection...can anyone tell me how to delete or change the AT&T APN?
    If these questions have been answered please post the url's...

thanks

Default Re: APN question

Have you tried resetting the APN and let the phone detect the settings?

Go to Settings -> More settings -> Mobile networks -> APN -> hit the menu button, reset to default and see will they detect it.

You can always google APN for ST AT&T phones
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks but that just leav es me with the default at&t apn. as noted i cant delete the at&t apn. i cant ediut the at&t apn. i can add a new apt such as the straight talk one...but phone will not allow me to select the new apn. it will let me delete the new apn but not the original one thats for at&t...

my question is how to force it toi use the new apn or how to delete the orginal one...and yes ive clicked the menu while in the orginal apn and deleted isnt not there...

if my phone accepts the new sim and i can make and recieve calls that means the phone is unlocked?

bobby

Usually a phone should be able to detect the new carrier's APN by resetting it. I guess that didn't work for your phone. However, Straight Talk do run on AT&T in some areas, therefore this might be why it picks up AT&T APN instead.

Create a new APN and choose the new APN, reboot phone.

If your phone accepts a SIM that isn't AT&T, it should be unlocked but as I said above, Straight Talk runs on AT&T or T-Mobile depending on the plan you chose.
    Galaxy S3 on Straight Talk - xda-developers
    Thanked by: