1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question syncing my music to my gsIII

Now that I've upgraded to your galaxy s3, I can't use doubletwist to sync my music because apparently there is no mass storage mode or something like that. What do you guys recommend as an alternative?

Global Posts
    3,435 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: syncing my music to my gsIII

Quote Originally Posted by ichbinarzt View Post
    Now that I've upgraded to your galaxy s3, I can't use doubletwist to sync my music because apparently there is no mass storage mode or something like that. What do you guys recommend as an alternative?
    I put my 16gb sd card into a reader, plug that puppy into my Mac, and drag & drop all my music into the sd card. Then put the card back into the phone, and i'm good to go.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Not knowing anything about androids, and after purchasing an S3 a little over a month ago, 1st - I tried Doubletwist– liked the UI, 'Mass Storage Mode' worked fine and was recognized by PC, but it hung-up & stayed busy forever on our (perfectly running) PC notebook; 2nd - tried Keis Air– did not like the confusing & sparse UI at all, but it did work, after directing it to 'Upload' from our iTunes music folders, 'Mass Storage Mode' worked fine and was recognized by PC, but again–really don't like the Kies Air UI; 3rd - tried regular Keis via USB– 'Mass Storage Mode' worked fine and was recognized by PC, everything transferred fine from iTunes, but it took forever to transfer; . . .

. . so then, 4th, tried – scrolled-down and clicked on: Download iSyncr for PC Desktop App Now, and also dl'd from google play store (but now actually using their new 'Rocket Player 1.4.0 beta 10'), and their Wi-Fi enabled version, is $3.99 @ google play.
    Also, their Customer Service has been fantastic– with all emails returned in a very reasonable turn-around time. They've also offered to help with some PC/music folder/file/transferring-etc. problems I was having – that weren't even related to their product(s) – so their CS goes above & beyond . . in my opinion.

Global Posts
    3,435 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by fr3GStoGS3 View Post
    Not knowing anything about androids, and after purchasing an S3 a little over a month ago, 1st - I tried Doubletwist– liked the UI, 'Mass Storage Mode' worked fine and was recognized by PC, but it hung-up & stayed busy forever on our (perfectly running) PC notebook; 2nd - tried Keis Air– did not like the confusing & sparse UI at all, but it did work, after directing it to 'Upload' from our iTunes music folders, 'Mass Storage Mode' worked fine and was recognized by PC, but again–really don't like the Kies Air UI; 3rd - tried regular Keis via USB– 'Mass Storage Mode' worked fine and was recognized by PC, everything transferred fine from iTunes, but it took forever to transfer; . . .

. . so then, 4th, tried – scrolled-down and clicked on: Download iSyncr for PC Desktop App Now, and also dl'd from google play store (but now actually using their new 'Rocket Player 1.4.0 beta 10'), and their Wi-Fi enabled version, is $3.99 @ google play.
    Also, their Customer Service has been fantastic– with all emails returned in a very reasonable turn-around time. They've also offered to help with some PC/music folder/file/transferring-etc. problems I was having – that weren't even related to their product(s) – so their CS goes above & beyond . . in my opinion.
    That's cool, but why pay for something(that may go bad), when you can do it for free. Just my opinion, enjoy.

Why don't u just use Kies?
    Or just connect ur phone to the comiuter via usb cable, and just drag all your songs on your phone... That's what I do its so easy

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    That's cool, but why pay for something(that may go bad), when you can do it for free. Just my opinion, enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Why don't u just use Kies? Or just connect ur phone to the comiuter via usb cable, and just drag all your songs on your phone... That's what I do its so easy
    Why? . . Because neither method; 'Drag & Drop' or 'Kies' was successfully transferring all our iTunes 'Album Art'. iSyncr does this very well. It's nice to have all the 'Album Art' when you're scrolling thru albums & artists & songs, imo.
    And, as mentioned above. . I don't like the Kies Air UI, and it wouldn't transfer most of the album art when I was trying Kies Air, and the Kies USB took forever to finish transferring. 'Drag & Drop' works, but doesn't transfer the 'Album Art', or I guess, not in any way that I'm aware of.

Why? . . Because neither method; 'Drag & Drop' or 'Kies' was successfully transferring all our iTunes 'Album Art'. iSyncr does this very well. It's nice to have all the 'Album Art' when you're scrolling thru albums & artists & songs, imo.
    And, as mentioned above. . I don't like the Kies Air UI, and it wouldn't transfer most of the album art when I was trying Kies Air, and the Kies USB took forever to finish transferring. 'Drag & Drop' works, but doesn't transfer the 'Album Art', or I guess, not in any way that I'm aware of.
    Yeah I have all album Art on mine
    If you use PowerAmp music player, it can automatically find the album art and connect it with your music, which it does very well
    Also, if you are transferring music, make sure they are organized in folder and if you save an album art cover in the folder and name it "cover", then it will automatically recognize it and place it with all the music in the folder...just drag the folder to the phone and it will have the album art
    Thanked by:

ROM

Yeah I have all album Art on mine
    If you use PowerAmp music player, it can automatically find the album art and connect it with your music, which it does very well
    Also, if you are transferring music, make sure they are organized in folder and if you save an album art cover in the folder and name it "cover", then it will automatically recognize it and place it with all the music in the folder...just drag the folder to the phone and it will have the album art
    Hmmm, that's interesting. Thanks smoothy. Is that method for anytime you're dragging & dropping, or just when using PowerAmp?

Hmmm, that's interesting. Thanks smoothy. Is that method for anytime you're dragging & dropping, or just when using PowerAmp?
    I know for sure with PowerAmp because thats what I do and use all the time...it might be the same with others as well

These are the settings make sure ungot them checked

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails syncing my music to my gsIII-uploadfromtaptalk1353272738970.jpg  
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -
    Thanked by:

I downloaded Android File Transfer for the Mac, and now I just drag and drop. It's super easy to use, and probably the best solution for a Mac user. Double Twist seemed like the most likely option at first but the software on the Mac wasn't even usable, and would freeze every time upon startup.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Global Posts
    3,435 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

All my album art transferred, using drag & drop. Never had a problem.
    Thanked by:

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    All my album art transferred, using drag & drop. Never had a problem.
    Really? Well that's cool. I didn't think they did– via drag & drop. Or at least, they didn't when we were first trying Kies, Kies Air, and Doubletwist on my Skyrocket and my wifes' Note. Maybe we were doing something wrong.

Do you also rename each of your album art cover files 'cover', grunt0300, and move them to individual folders you've created just for each particular album, like smoothy does?

ROM

These are the settings make sure ungot them checked
    That's pretty extensive Album Art settings & preferences, smoothy. Is that your PowerAmp? And don't you have to pay for it after the 'Trial' expires? That was the first music player I was considering dl'ing right after I got my phone– but the bad reviews, trial period and higher cost scared me off.

That's pretty extensive Album Art settings & preferences, smoothy. Is that your PowerAmp? And don't you have to pay for it after the 'Trial' expires? That was the first music player I was considering dl'ing right after I got my phone– but the bad reviews, trial period and higher cost scared me off.
    Its the BEST music player in the app store, its amazing and its worth purchasing to me...it makes your music sound so much better than the stock one, and it has a much better equalizer
    Try the trial, the trial doesn't expire but I think it limits some features, but I would recommend paying for it though..its amazing, and has some pretty cool widgets too
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,435 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Really? Well that's cool. I didn't think they did– via drag & drop. Or at least, they didn't when we were first trying Kies, Kies Air, and Doubletwist on my Skyrocket and my wifes' Note. Maybe we were doing something wrong.

Do you also rename each of your album art cover files 'cover', grunt0300, and move them to individual folders you've created just for each particular album, like smoothy does?
    No, i just pop them in, and the album art appears. Nothing special. I should tell you that i had all my album art set up in iTunes, when i had the iPhone4, but i didn't use any special app to put them on my SGSIII. Sent them to my desktop in folders, then did the drag & drop into the SD card. I like to have control of my music, since i have about 10gbs. I also keep everything backed up in dropbox. Good thing, as i lost it all trying to use that flippin' Kies! Got it back, without panicking though.
    Thanked by:

ROM

Holy Moly! Good thing you had it backed-up!
    Sheeeeeeeeeeeeez! :rolleyes: . . then I could have just done the same thing as you, grunt0300. So, pls parden my questions, did you send all your music that was in your iTunes 'music' folder to your desktop? Or did you send a higher folder in the hierarchy (e.g.- the actual 'iTunes' folder?) to your desktop? Or, did you put each album in it's own folder, which is what it sounded like to me that smoothy did, before also adding his album art file, I think.
    Maybe I didn't understand what smoothy meant, with the album art.

Global Posts
    3,435 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Holy Moly! Good thing you had it backed-up!
    Sheeeeeeeeeeeeez! :rolleyes: . . then I could have just done the same thing as you, grunt0300. So, pls parden my questions, did you send all your music that was in your iTunes 'music' folder to your desktop? Or did you send a higher folder in the hierarchy (e.g.- the actual 'iTunes' folder?) to your desktop? Or, did you put each album in it's own folder, which is what it sounded like to me that smoothy did, before also adding his album art file, I think.
    Maybe I didn't understand what smoothy meant, with the album art.
    Each album in it's own folder. I have multiple albums for many artists. About 10gbs worth.
    Thanked by:

My Windows 8 laptop syncs my iTunes with Windows Media. Link my S3 up to the laptop and Windows Media recognizes for synchronization. Drags all the music it imported from iTunes over to the right side bar and click sync. And like M A G I C the music plays.... FRABJOUS!