another battery life/drain question..

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
i just got my s3 two weeks ago and so far, i'm loving it.. but i do have a question regarding the battery life.. when i'm at work, i notice the battery drains really fast.. today for example, the phone has been off the charger for 7.5 hours, but i'm already down to 66%.. my total screen time is 15 minutes.. since i have wifi at work, i have the wifi on.. took a 2 minute phone call and that's about it.. i've also gone without using wifi at work and i still have the same issue..

but when i'm not at work it's a different story.. for example, this past saturday, i took it off the charger at 7:30am, ran for an hour using endomondo and listening to music via google music.. ran quadrant about 5 times, did the normal smartphone things (email, facebook, angry bird, but no video/movies this time).. i probably had about 2 hours of screen time, but i still had 25% left on the battery when i plugged it back in around 11pm..

the setting stays the same.. is there something i'm not doing right?.. could my building/location affect the battery life?.. maybe walls are too thick?..

Trigger73

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
i just got my s3 two weeks ago and so far, i'm loving it.. but i do have a question regarding the battery life.. when i'm at work, i notice the battery drains really fast.. today for example, the phone has been off the charger for 7.5 hours, but i'm already down to 66%.. my total screen time is 15 minutes.. since i have wifi at work, i have the wifi on.. took a 2 minute phone call and that's about it.. i've also gone without using wifi at work and i still have the same issue..

but when i'm not at work it's a different story.. for example, this past saturday, i took it off the charger at 7:30am, ran for an hour using endomondo and listening to music via google music.. ran quadrant about 5 times, did the normal smartphone things (email, facebook, angry bird, but no video/movies this time).. i probably had about 2 hours of screen time, but i still had 25% left on the battery when i plugged it back in around 11pm..

the setting stays the same.. is there something i'm not doing right?.. could my building/location affect the battery life?.. maybe walls are too thick?..

I don?t think you?re doing anything wrong. I have the same problem except for having wifi. I work in a building with thick concrete walls. My phone constantly searches for signals and drains my battery. I have used Juice Defender to help control the apps/signals and it worked great. Lately I have just put my phone into airplane mode when working. That might not be an option if you use your phone for work. Like Smooth4lyfe said Juice Defender might be the best option.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
You can also just try turning everything off except your wifi and see if that helps. If your wifi signal isn't strong it may be trying to jump to data mode and this can be a battery killer.

Juice defender does appear to help. Especially once it knows your wifi areas.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I would also check the syncing.. My phone started to drain fast and I noticed the Gallery % had increased dramatically so I went to Setting>Accounts and Sync>Gmail and unchecked syncing Picasa web album and my battery life has jumped dramatically. Not sure if you're draining much from your gallery though. I also use Juice Defender and since I've had my phone for months now and don't play with it nearly as much I've actually gotten over 2 days on a charge, which I consider awesome! No LTE nearby here however and when at home, I'm on WiFi.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I would also check the syncing.. My phone started to drain fast and I noticed the Gallery % had increased dramatically so I went to Setting>Accounts and Sync>Gmail and unchecked syncing Picasa web album and my battery life has jumped dramatically. Not sure if you're draining much from your gallery though. I also use Juice Defender and since I've had my phone for months now and don't play with it nearly as much I've actually gotten over 2 days on a charge, which I consider awesome! No LTE nearby here however and when at home, I'm on WiFi.

Ya I change my syncing to only happen hourly or not at all. Definitely makes a difference. And turn off Gps even with juice defender on it still drains.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums