- 18 Posts
Shows inaccurate location on my location to weather apps.
I have my phone for almost a month now but I have'nt determine why my phone did'nt show the correct location on my weather app(s) in widget and my locked screen. It always show a location somewhat miles away from where I lived. I tried all the possible procedures but to no avail. I am not really sure if my phone is defective or it needs factory reset, which I don't want to do. Guys, please help. Thanks in advance.
- 11-20-2012, 03:41 PM #2
RE: Shows inaccurate location on my location to weather apps.
Which apps have you tried?
Is it showing the location of the nearest weather station?
Is the location accurate when you use Google Maps?
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board ExpressLaura Knotek
- 11-20-2012, 07:35 PM #4
Re: Shows inaccurate location on my location to weather apps.
Have you tried the Weather Underground app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.weather
It might be more accurate, since it uses data from personal weather stations, not just National Weather Service weather stations.
I have no idea where you live, but what I'm thinking is that you don't live near a major city, so the apps you tried might be giving you data from the closest big city that has a weather station, since you said that Google Maps shows your location properly and it's just the weather apps that don't.
I doubt if there is anything wrong with your device if Google Maps shows an accurate location. It sounds like it is an issue of the apps getting their data from a weather station miles away from where you live.
- 11-21-2012, 01:00 AM #5
- By GNex Girl in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 6Last Post: 02-22-2012, 12:51 AM
- By cutlass1972 in forum AT&T Inspire 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 11-08-2011, 11:15 PM
- By lv2bsilly in forum Verizon Droid ChargeReplies: 3Last Post: 05-30-2011, 10:57 AM
- By ghurty in forum ASUS EeePad TransformerReplies: 0Last Post: 05-29-2011, 06:37 PM
- By jeeplj8 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 7Last Post: 11-02-2010, 02:45 PM