1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Network Issues All of a Sudden??

All,
    Been having some crazy issues with my S3 all of a sudden. At home (Northern VA), have a strong 4G signal. Never been a problem. They recently expanded the LTE coverage around the way, so I'm getting a strong LTE signal. Earlier this week, I had to head out to San Diego for work, and LTE is all over the place. No issue. I come home yesterday, now my phone is struggling to even keep any signal. Most of the time, I have no signal at all now. Reboot. Airplane mode. Mobile Data. I turn all of those off/on, but still, nothing. It's strange. I can see my phone go from full bars of 4G to nothing at all. Has this ever happened?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Network Issues All of a Sudden??

Disregard....popped the SIM in and out. Up and running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

yeah, yeah, but I wonder what actually caused the poor reception issue—either during your trip home or after arriving back in Virginia—that you had to then remedy by popping your sim in & out? Good for you, way to go with your troubleshooting.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I take it back. All the problems started back again. Popped the SIM but it didn't fix it this time. Anyone got any suggestions? Going from no LTE to barely holding a 4g signal. Goes from 4 bars to nothing. Started minutes ago. Wasn't doing but some texts.

Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah View Post
    I take it back. All the problems started back again. Popped the SIM but it didn't fix it this time. Anyone got any suggestions? Going from no LTE to barely holding a 4g signal. Goes from 4 bars to nothing. Started minutes ago. Wasn't doing but some texts.

You have LTE in your area already?

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yep. Or had anyway. My phone can barely hold any signal. Just did a factory wipe, nope didn't fix anything.
    I powered off, popped the sim. Powered back. Received the Insert SIM message, powered back off. Popped the sim back in, powered on, nothing. I read that may work. And yeah, did a factory reset in case something may have been corrupted, but that was a waste. Lol, can't download Flash Player from the market anymore. Any tips??

Last edited by yeah yeah; 11-23-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Yep. Or had anyway. My phone can barely hold any signal. Just did a factory wipe, nope didn't fix anything.

That's really bizarre! I'm in Milwaukee and my LTE signal is solid no matter what part of city I'm in

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Ok. Thia is ridiculous. Look at all the red. I'm typing this with no signal either.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Network Issues All of a Sudden??-uploadfromtaptalk1353710270155.jpg  

Ok. Thia is ridiculous. Look at all the red. I'm typing this with no signal either.

I'm calling a network issue more than phone issue.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Aanyway I can verify? It's about every couple of minutes, I lose all signal for minutes.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Network Issues All of a Sudden??-uploadfromtaptalk1353711079384.jpg  

Aanyway I can verify? It's about every couple of minutes, I lose all signal for minutes.

Call AT&T that's the best you can do at this point

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Spoke to AT&T and they're shipping out a new S3. That's good, but wonder what the problem is...

Spoke to AT&T and they're shipping out a new S3. That's good, but wonder what the problem is...
    Could be anything...bad SIM card, software issues, hardware issues. Just be aware they are going to send you a refurbished phone

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I should be getting my replacement tomorrow. I believe I'm having network issues. I'll be able to hopefully confirm tomorrow. Seems the LTE that was deployed around the area may be weak? I think my phone keeps dropping signal because it keeps failing when connecting to the LTE. I could be wrong. The 4G signal appears to be the same (4 bars) while the LTE was (2-3 bars). I was running good not too long ago, but now, dropping every couple of minutes. When I go to the battery, I'm at 10% Time Without Signal. My wife's contract with Sprint ends in January and I was going to switch her to my AT&T. But if this keeps happening, I may have to leave AT&T. What do you guys think?