mac and gs3? noob question

italianhunnybee

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
So I was lucky enough to snag a 96 cents sg3 today at sam's club <3. I'm upgrading from an iphone 4 (yes I hear this switch is slightly controversial but please no debating or flaming). I'm on a macbook, currently running os lion. I was able to use the awesome apple to android thread to learn how to sync my contacts however I am having difficulties getting my sg3 to mount to my macbook. I tried android file transfer and it continually tells me that it cannot find the product and to restart or reconnect the device. I would love to be able to transfer my custom made ringtones that I made for my iphone. I have read threads on how to do so but all involve mounting to my mac. I can't find any directions for this. I've tried a couple different syncing programs and each says to plug in the usb to computer, pull down notification menu, click the usb connect and click mount. This option doesn't seem to come up on my phone and I'm getting rather frustrated trying to figure it out. I'm sure there are other mac users on here (and no there's no way I'll ditch my mackbook) and I would appreciate any help you may have to offer.
Thanks so much,
Cryssy

Last edited:

italianhunnybee

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
kies is how I had sync'd my playlists, so I am mildly familiar with it. I had not seen a way to move ringtones over. I'll check it out a little more, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21