And it sucks. I've tried a few fixes and it still won't lock on a satellite. It's making me really dislike the phone as navigation is such a common feature and I've had no problem on any other device.

Suggestions?

Sent from my Red GS3
    11-24-2012 07:02 PM
    And it sucks. I've tried a few fixes and it still won't lock on a satellite. It's making me really dislike the phone as navigation is such a common feature and I've had no problem on any other device.

Suggestions?

Sent from my Red GS3
    What application are you using? Have you tried a different one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    11-24-2012 08:40 PM
    Built in navigation. Also tried gps test and it can't lock satellites even tho it can see them

Sent from my Red GS3
    11-24-2012 09:21 PM
    I have seen this before n the SkyRocket and Note. It was load dependent and tied to Google Maps. At least for me it stopped once that app took an update. I was able to get around this via GPS Status.

Menu > Tools > Manage A-GPS State > Reset

This will reset the GPS. For me it lasted a few days before it was hung up again but repeating the process always fixed it for me.
    11-24-2012 09:30 PM
    I have seen this before n the SkyRocket and Note. It was load dependent and tied to Google Maps. At least for me it stopped once that app took an update. I was able to get around this via GPS Status.

This will reset the GPS. For me it lasted a few days before it was hung up again but repeating the process always fixed it for me.
    Thank you, I'll try this!

Sent from my Red GS3
    11-24-2012 09:36 PM

It worked, thanks again

Sent from my Red GS3
    11-25-2012 08:21 AM