Hello community, there are two problems I have noticed with my GS3 I got a few days ago, and I've been running through my head and searching without success. I understand you guys have probably heard these a bunch of times, but I just can't seem to find it in any of my searches (maybe I'm just being derpy.) Thanks to all of you who help me out in this.

Okay, so problem 1. One of the first things I did on my phone was to add some very short sound effects (ie. less than 2 seconds) to my phone via computer for my notifications tone. My problem is that some of these short sound effects don't play the full thing, that is they don't play about the first half or quarter second or so of the tone. So I can't get the full tone that I want to play for my notifications, which is a pretty big bummer. I have noticed that the full tone does work on a siblings Note 2, which is obviously very similar, I find it odd that I don't get my full tone on my S3 though.
I was thinking of adding a blank quarter or half second of sound to these sound effects, but I'd rather not have to do that for all sound effects, including ones I add in the future. So do you guys happen to know how I can go about getting the whole tone to sound out?

Problem 2 (and probably the more common one), I happen to have an issue where notifications and ringtones play with headphones out of the external speaker. As I understand it, this is normal for the phone out of the box. I want all noise to stop through the external speaker, and for instead be routed to my headphones. I haven't been able to find any apps or settings to fix this problem, so hopefully you guys know of a quick fix or app I can use.

Well, thanks for reading, and I appreciate all those who are willing to take a second of their time to help me with my issue a lot.