Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Viraj Puri
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung galaxy s3 at&t unlocked

i bought an at&t samsung galaxy s3, and i'm moving to the middle east in a couple days and am planning on unlocking it there,
    but the question is if i unlock it, would my samsung function normally, like would i still be updating, upgrading, downloading apps normally, would it still be the same?!

I really need an answerr asap!!

thanks in advancee

Default Re: Samsung galaxy s3 at&t unlocked

Yes if at&t is doing an official unlock for you everything should work fine, but if you are moving to the middle east you will need a local sim card, and the play store will be in your local currency. Everything will be the same except for location-based services, as they would (of course) change to your local areas settings. But I am not sure if you will be getting updates from at&t still, or a local carrier in the middle east. This is something you should ask at&t about.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

hmm & what if its an unofficial unlock.. cause am kinda out of time to get it done by at&t

Even if it isnt everything should work fine.
    Unlock Samsung Galaxy S3 III - How to Unlock Galaxy S 3 III by Unlock Code - SGH-i747, SGH-T999, GT-i9300
    I used this website above to unlock mine, and mine still works perfectly. At&T does the unlock the same way these guys do it. Every GSM phone is technically unlocked its just that the carrier puts a lock code on the phone, so this website gives you an unlock code which you dial on your sgs3. But it costs 20$ but if your really desperate do it.
    Brian Edward likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

that's exactly what i need, thanks alot for the help