Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Default Re: AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Boswell View Post
    Same deal, scottus. I get to 100% on that first firmware component screen and it just sits at 100% for about ten minutes and then closes itself. At least our reports are similar, probably a bogged down server issue with it being evening. I'll try again at 10pm Eastern with an update.
    Had the same problem. I turned off Microsoft Security Essentials and right-clicked on Kies and selected "Run as Administrator". It then worked. Not sure which one made it work, if any. I'm on Windows 7. I had tried reinstalling Kies before this and it stopped at 100% on first screen 5 times for me.

Can anyone tell me how to put the update on my GS3 I am rooted using TWRP and running CM10. However I like touchwiz and would like to put it back on with jellybean. Can I just download the zip and flash it with TWRP like I would with a custom rom.
    Thanks

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MaceHowling View Post
    None of the new camera and gallery features work on JB. Anyone get filmstrip to work on our phones?
    Anyone else noticed this?

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

What Camera features are you talking about exactly? Mine work fine.

I guess I'm one of lucky ones. Downloaded Kies to my MacBook, updated it and then ran update for my S3. Took about 35 minutes for Jelly Bean to download and install. Was worried in wake of many a report on Mac woes with Kies. But all worked well. Happy camper here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    XChrisX likes this.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by newsman787 View Post
    I guess I'm one of lucky ones. Downloaded Kies to my MacBook, updated it and then ran update for my S3. Took about 35 minutes for Jelly Bean to download and install. Was worried in wake of many a report on Mac woes with Kies. But all worked well. Happy camper here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Same here.. Mac user as well and had no issues with updating Via Kies. Loving JB so far! The only thing I wish I could change is that dark grey notification bar at the top.. I prefer it to be black.
    XChrisX likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #232  

Quote Originally Posted by Los305 View Post
    What Camera features are you talking about exactly? Mine work fine.
    The camera is supposed to be able to just swipe left to get to the gallery...its not doing it

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

swipe left from within the camera app it self? Hmmm Maybe thats a 4.1.2 thing?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #234  

Its supposed to be like this

Maybe its a Nexus thing lol

Just finished my updated via Kies; it was very slow downloading the file into Kies but the update was pretty quick.
    Do anyone know how to get the split screen?

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Ahh ok I see what your talking about now. Thats not really a Big deal for me but I can see how that would be Handy for some people. Might be just a nexus thing Or possibly a 4.1.2 thing. I have no Idea lol

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Thats not avail in 4.1.1

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Its supposed to be like this

Maybe its a Nexus thing lol
    I started a post about this very thing. From my understanding it's a Jellybean feature so all phones running Jellybean should have those new features in the camera app. I do not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Although the "Filmstrip" feature is appealing to me. Sucks that we didn't get that. :-(

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Scroll down to where it details the new camera features. I don't have any of those features after upgrading to Jellybean.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Smile Re: AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

Update went fine for me. Installed Kies rebooted and launched it. Connected the phone and it immediately asked me if i wanted to update. Took about 20 mins all and all. Performance dose seem quite a bit snappier. Had to reboot the phone after the first reboot to get it to update Google search. First time it said device not supported but a reboot fixed that. Very happy with this update love google now as well. Just wish i could set double tapping the home button go to Google now, did turn off the double tap for s voice thing though.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #242  

Quote Originally Posted by jfig24 View Post

Scroll down to where it details the new camera features. I don't have any of those features after upgrading to Jellybean.

Same here! We been jipped!

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jfig24 View Post

I just read that same change log a few mins ago. I want my Camera features! ;-)

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sean8102 View Post
    Update went fine for me. Installed Kies rebooted and launched it. Connected the phone and it immediately asked me if i wanted to update. Took about 20 mins all and all. Performance dose seem quite a bit snappier. Had to reboot the phone after the first reboot to get it to update Google search. First time it said device not supported but a reboot fixed that. Very happy with this update love google now as well. Just wish i could set double tapping the home button go to Google now, did turn off the double tap for s voice thing though.
    Same here! I was looking for a way to reach Google now via the home button for hours last night lol

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

So the update went really smooth on my wife's GS3, but I have one question... why does it display a memory card icon on the camera screen now, and how do you turn it off? My Note 2 does it also, so I assume its a JB thing.. but it's kinda annoying seeing that on the screen while panning for a photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!-2012-12-04-22.40.00.png  

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kryptoniteguy View Post
    So the update went really smooth on my wife's GS3, but I have one question... why does it display a memory card icon on the camera screen now, and how do you turn it off? My Note 2 does it also, so I assume its a JB thing.. but it's kinda annoying seeing that on the screen while panning for a photo.
    My Galaxy S3 has always done that. Even with ICS. You probably just haven't noticed it but yours always has too im sure.. Its just a reminder of where your photos are being stored.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Los305 View Post
    My Galaxy S3 has always done that. Even with ICS. You probably just haven't noticed it but yours always has too im sure.. Its just a reminder of where your photos are being stored.
    That is a pretty good possibility that I just didn't notice it... btw... you have some fast LTE in FL, my max in OK is around 40, which isn't bad... unless I see your signature, haha!

Hey so I have been using Kies for a while and it recognizes my phone just fine and I can backup my data, transfer music, etc. with it. However, when I plug my phone it does not show me that a software update is available, nor can I find somewhere to search for an update. If anyone else has experienced this problem or has a solution could you please let me know cuz I want to get in on the Jelly Bean goodness. I have been trying for hours, disconnecting and reconnecting my phone but Kies simply does not offer me an update!

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kryptoniteguy View Post
    That is a pretty good possibility that I just didn't notice it... btw... you have some fast LTE in FL, my max in OK is around 40, which isn't bad... unless I see your signature, haha!
    Yeah Its always been there. Ha yeah its pretty fast here where I live. But 40mbps is fast too! Some areas around town get about 40 to 50mbps but the area where I live seems to be the fastest with 55-65mbps. I get those speeds consistently too.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Chalvy View Post
    Hey so I have been using Kies for a while and it recognizes my phone just fine and I can backup my data, transfer music, etc. with it. However, when I plug my phone it does not show me that a software update is available, nor can I find somewhere to search for an update. If anyone else has experienced this problem or has a solution could you please let me know cuz I want to get in on the Jelly Bean goodness. I have been trying for hours, disconnecting and reconnecting my phone but Kies simply does not offer me an update!
    Make sure its actually recognizing your device.. Connect it as a "media device" not as a "camera" also check to see if you have the latest version of Kies. Good luck.
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast