AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Update went fine for me. Installed Kies rebooted and launched it. Connected the phone and it immediately asked me if i wanted to update. Took about 20 mins all and all. Performance dose seem quite a bit snappier. Had to reboot the phone after the first reboot to get it to update Google search. First time it said device not supported but a reboot fixed that. Very happy with this update love google now as well. Just wish i could set double tapping the home button go to Google now, did turn off the double tap for s voice thing though.

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Update went fine for me. Installed Kies rebooted and launched it. Connected the phone and it immediately asked me if i wanted to update. Took about 20 mins all and all. Performance dose seem quite a bit snappier. Had to reboot the phone after the first reboot to get it to update Google search. First time it said device not supported but a reboot fixed that. Very happy with this update love google now as well. Just wish i could set double tapping the home button go to Google now, did turn off the double tap for s voice thing though.

Same here! I was looking for a way to reach Google now via the home button for hours last night lol

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
So the update went really smooth on my wife's GS3, but I have one question... why does it display a memory card icon on the camera screen now, and how do you turn it off? My Note 2 does it also, so I assume its a JB thing.. but it's kinda annoying seeing that on the screen while panning for a photo.

Attachments

• 2012-12-04 22.40.00.png
    2012-12-04 22.40.00.png
    889.5 KB · Views: 28

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So the update went really smooth on my wife's GS3, but I have one question... why does it display a memory card icon on the camera screen now, and how do you turn it off? My Note 2 does it also, so I assume its a JB thing.. but it's kinda annoying seeing that on the screen while panning for a photo.

My Galaxy S3 has always done that. Even with ICS. You probably just haven't noticed it but yours always has too im sure.. Its just a reminder of where your photos are being stored.

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
My Galaxy S3 has always done that. Even with ICS. You probably just haven't noticed it but yours always has too im sure.. Its just a reminder of where your photos are being stored.

That is a pretty good possibility that I just didn't notice it... btw... you have some fast LTE in FL, my max in OK is around 40, which isn't bad... unless I see your signature, haha!

Chalvy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey so I have been using Kies for a while and it recognizes my phone just fine and I can backup my data, transfer music, etc. with it. However, when I plug my phone it does not show me that a software update is available, nor can I find somewhere to search for an update. If anyone else has experienced this problem or has a solution could you please let me know cuz I want to get in on the Jelly Bean goodness. I have been trying for hours, disconnecting and reconnecting my phone but Kies simply does not offer me an update!

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
That is a pretty good possibility that I just didn't notice it... btw... you have some fast LTE in FL, my max in OK is around 40, which isn't bad... unless I see your signature, haha!

Yeah Its always been there. Ha yeah its pretty fast here where I live. But 40mbps is fast too! Some areas around town get about 40 to 50mbps but the area where I live seems to be the fastest with 55-65mbps. I get those speeds consistently too.

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey so I have been using Kies for a while and it recognizes my phone just fine and I can backup my data, transfer music, etc. with it. However, when I plug my phone it does not show me that a software update is available, nor can I find somewhere to search for an update. If anyone else has experienced this problem or has a solution could you please let me know cuz I want to get in on the Jelly Bean goodness. I have been trying for hours, disconnecting and reconnecting my phone but Kies simply does not offer me an update!

Make sure its actually recognizing your device.. Connect it as a "media device" not as a "camera" also check to see if you have the latest version of Kies. Good luck.

Chalvy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Make sure its actually recognizing your device.. Connect it as a "media device" not as a "camera" also check to see if you have the latest version of Kies. Good luck.

Thanks for the quick response. I checked and my version of Kies is up to date. Also, my phone is checked as a "media device" and not a "camera". Any other suggestions?

MaceHowling

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have the Jelly Bean keyboard? Did AT&T remove that from the update too? I know there is a version on Google Play, but they are charging for the PRO version which should be included in the this update. What a disappointing upgrade, if you can even call this an upgrade.

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response. I checked and my version of Kies is up to date. Also, my phone is checked as a "media device" and not a "camera". Any other suggestions?

Well thats Bizarre lol. Try rebooting your phone maybe? I think someone else here mentioned that Kies didn't offer them an update right away also.. I recall them saying it eventually popped up after a while. Sorry I cant be more helpful. Good luck

ZW1990

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm one of lucky ones. Downloaded Kies to my MacBook, updated it and then ran update for my S3. Took about 35 minutes for Jelly Bean to download and install. Was worried in wake of many a report on Mac woes with Kies. But all worked well. Happy camper here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I downloaded it on my Mac first try. It just took 2 hours because my connection was slooooooooow.

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have the Jelly Bean keyboard? Did AT&T remove that from the update too? I know there is a version on Google Play, but they are charging for the PRO version which should be included in the this update. What a disappointing upgrade, if you can even call this an upgrade.

I dont know if I have JB Keyboard or not but I have noticed that typing is A LOT more accurate for me now.

mordyb

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I went to the check for updates in settings and said phone was up to date then I tried kies air I connected through wifi and all my phone files came up but nothing about updating?

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How do I do that? Do I need kies installed on the computer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Indeed. download the latest version for your operating system. Set it up and connect your device via USB and it should auto check for the latest firmware once Kies has recognized your device.

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Another quick way to access Google now would be to hold the Menu button and when the white screen pops up just say "Google" and google now will appear. :)