AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

inthegalaxy

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but the AT&T jelly bean has yet to officially release. If you check the youmobile site it says pending Samsung announcement by AT&T. But if their is another way ur doing it please inform me. Done tried kikes and OTA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but the AT&T jelly bean has yet to officially release. If you check the youmobile site it says pending Samsung announcement by AT&T. But if their is another way ur doing it please inform me. Done tried kikes and OTA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Update to the latest version of Kies, it should pop up

bobbyp5

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Only reason I am opening up kies haha :p edit- I think I might start using kies more. I like some of the updates

Last edited:

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
ok guys Will my root effect my upgrade in anyway? I don't care about the root heck I just did it 2 days ago. I just want JB!

bobbyp5

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
ok guys Will my root effect my upgrade in anyway? I don't care about the root heck I just did it 2 days ago. I just want JB!

Has not effected me. It does say that it could cause problems if you are when you read the save or not save to samung thing.

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I turned on "airplane mode" before starting the update, figuring I didn't want it interrupted by a phone call or something - now its been stuck with a green android guy on the S3 screen with the words "downloading... Do not turn off target!!!" for the last half hour, with no progress on the Kies upgrade window. It's not trying to download via the phone, is it???

bobbyp5

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I turned on "airplane mode" before starting the update, figuring I didn't want it interrupted by a phone call or something - now its been stuck with a green android guy on the S3 screen with the words "downloading... Do not turn off target!!!" for the last half hour, with no progress on the Kies upgrade window. It's not trying to download via the phone, is it???
I don't know im in the same boat as you are. Gettin antsy.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

During that time, I was seeing the progress on my Kies, then it downloaded to my phone...maybe try again by resetting?

bobbyp5

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
During that time, I was seeing the progress on my Kies, then it downloaded to my phone...maybe try again by resetting?

Smooth i'm a bit scared to do it :p. Nah I'm going to try to reset it and redo it. My interent has been so terrible lately that i havent even used wifi. I think our wireless in our router is going out. Modem hook up is fine and outside TW levels are too. About to hook up the oldie but good g linksys router.

-edit also everything went on kies until the downloading part that switched to my phone but kies firmware upgrade is just waiting i think for the phone to download the package. Thats just what i am thinking

bobbyp5

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I also want to mention I had to use my samsung sync charger because my other ones did not want to comply with kies. Maybe its a samsung thing ;). I did that and fully connected and upgrading well hopefully no errors.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Smooth i'm a bit scared to do it :p. Nah I'm going to try to reset it and redo it. My interent has been so terrible lately that i havent even used wifi. I think our wireless in our router is going out. Modem hook up is fine and outside TW levels are too. About to hook up the oldie but good g linksys router.

-edit also everything went on kies until the downloading part that switched to my phone but kies firmware upgrade is just waiting i think for the phone to download the package. Thats just what i am thinking
That could possibly be it, you can try waiting a bit more, but mine did not take too long, Id say about 10-15 minutes...I think if you reset u should be able to try again