Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Default Re: AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Yeah I know its 4.1, I was saying there is an option to turn off the Shutter sound...maybe its not on 4.2 but idk why they would remove it
    They removed it. It's determined by the phone volume now.

Just installed kies on my girlfriends mac and plugged my phone in and said firmwares up to date?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Im Having the Same Problem...but i took my cord out and it wont recover even now....it get to the Proceed To Firmware Emergency Recovery(GS3)(SGH-I747) Firmware Emergency Recovery in progress... Do not disconnect your device from the PC...and it stays at 0% been 30+minutes

These are a couple of things that people that had no problem at all with the update, had in common:

Fresh install of Kies
    Turning their phone off, not reboot, before connecting it.

I would suggest anyone having a problem with Kies, uninstall, delete everything to do with Kies and then reinstall it.

Quote Originally Posted by mordyb View Post
    Just installed kies on my girlfriends mac and plugged my phone in and said firmwares up to date?

Are you one that had one of the partial OTA updates a while back?

Also, I saw a couple of people say the other night and they were Mac users, that it took about 30 mins for Kies to tell them there was an update available.

What should happen after it gets to 100%?

It should download the update. When the installation starts, Lloyd will appear on the screen with a message no to disconnect the target or the GS3. Once the installation is complete, the GS3 will restart and optimize the apps. Do not disconnect until prompted to do so.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    These are a couple of things that people that had no problem at all with the update, had in common:

Fresh install of Kies
    Turning their phone off, not reboot, before connecting it.

I would suggest anyone having a problem with Kies, uninstall, delete everything to do with Kies and then reinstall it.
    Did a fresh install of Kies on my laptop as repeated efforts on my 6 year old desktop pc failed.

Enabled USB debugging. It shouldn't matter whether your GS3 is on or off. Make sure that it's fully charged.

Im in the same boat. Gets stuck in last stage. Have to wait for OTA. I can see why I had an iphone before.....MMMMM

I saw a post that there will be no OTA but that could be wrong. Kies is not as good as iTunes or BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Did you enable USB debugging? Try using the cable that came with the GS3. If you need to update Java, and then update. You may have to try the update more than once.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jblank View Post
    If I hold the menu button, I get task manager. Do you mean double tap? Also, when I get to the voice thing and say "Google", all it does is ask what I want to search for. Does anyone know a sure fire way to even see if Google Now is on my phone or working for me? I'm totally not understanding what the deal is with this Google Now, but I don't see a trace of it on my upgraded to JB Galaxy S3.
    lol You're confusing the Menu button for the Home button. The Menu button is to the left of the home button. You can also access Google now from the "Voice search" app.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jcp007 View Post
    I saw a post that there will be no OTA but that could be wrong. Kies is not as good as iTunes or BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Did you enable USB debugging? Try using the cable that came with the GS3. If you need to update Java, and then update. You may have to try the update more than once.

I doubt there will be an OTA update for 4.1.1 Only 4.1.2 will be OTA.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have a mac as well and when I installed Kies There was a newer version available.. After downloading and installing the latest version I plugged my device in and it took a few seconds to recognize the device. Right after recognizing my phone it said that I was running old firmware. Make sure your version of Kies is the latest.

If anyone has trouble reading a SanDisk USB drive in their PC after installing Kies - try uninstalling Kies and the USB driver for the phone.
    I installed Kies earlier this week to do this upgrade - then today couldn't figure out why I couldn't read my flash drive. After some web searches I came across others with a conflict between Kies/SanDisk USB drives. (this is on Win 7 64-bit specifically - not sure if other OSes are affected).

Shoule I do a factory reset before installing vis Keis?
    Debt is dumb; cash is king ...and the paid off home mortgage has taken the place of the BMW as the status symbol of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    It will remove root if I'm not mistaken. Just re-root after updating. Just ensure to find a good guide for your phone.

Enjoy JB though guys! I'm glad att finally is pushing it for yall .

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Is the root method the same with Jelly Bean?

Okay - I have tried this update on both my mac and my son's pc. Both allow me to sync my contacts, photos, etc... and has the phone and info listed when the device is connected. Unfortunately when I go to download the update, the pc will start the download screen and then kicks me off with a notification that the usb is not being detected (okay...) then stops. The mac immediately tells me that the sgh-1747 has been disconnected and I need to check the connection. My phone hasn't been rooted (only go launcher was downloaded at one time).

I have 10.7.5 on my mac and the pc is running windows 7.

I have backed up everything to both computers, did a hard factory reset to my phone and still getting this freaking error.

I have gone in tried with the usb debugging box checked (as well as without it being checked), tried several usb cables (galaxy nexus from my son's phone, nexus 7 tablet, my cable from the s3) and no update! I'm tired of trying as well as beating my head against my desk and staying up too freaking late at night! I love JB and my son is taunting me with his 4.2.1 upgrade on his Nexus. I just want the freaking 4.1.1 to start with and maybe when he gets the 4.5 which I assume will be the Key Lime, I will be able to get 4.1.2! (Crappy AT&T developers being slow and adding their stupid bloatware that I DON'T use!!). I know it's in this area due to the fact my son's friend just got a new phone a month ago and downloaded JB last night~ grrr....

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by hydrogen3 View Post
    I didn't and my install went smoothly.

I read about all the problems that had been encountered using Kies to upgrade so I was a little apprehensive about bricking
    my new S3. I had experienced difficulty connecting by usb to Kies when I got my phone about 8 weeks ago and had to uninstall
    it. After removing it, I was able to get the drivers to reload and connect. However I wanted JB so I decided to take the
    plunge. I downloaded Kies and upgraded it to ver. 2.5.0.1214_1. I charged my phone, then did a battery pull and rebooted the
    PC (Vista 64). I got lucky, it connected and everything worked fine. The phone seems to run much smoother and I love the new
    Google app. Afterward, I tried reconnecting with usb and got the message that the hardware ID was not recognized so they
    still need to do some work on their software. I guess I will uninstall Kies and use windows explorer to manage my files until
    I need another upgrade. Maybe they will have the driver problem solved by then.

Global Posts
    943 Global Posts
    ROM
    3.0.8-985684

My notification bar Is black too. Not sure why some are grey.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8mdw View Post
    My flash still works after the update to JB.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks. Did it and still have my Flash. Was a little scared there for a second. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by hydrogen3 View Post
    No. Just make sure to download the latest version of Kies. Update Java. Charge your GS3. Use the USB cable that came with the GS3. Enable USB debugging. Be patient.

rlb

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

Why enable USB debugging? I didn't and my update worked perfectly.
    MacBook likes this.

Global Posts
    3,430 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Are you one that had one of the partial OTA updates a while back?

Also, I saw a couple of people say the other night and they were Mac users, that it took about 30 mins for Kies to tell them there was an update available.
    I'm one of those Mac users, and it took 30 minutes(from start to finish), to install the JB update.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,262 Global Posts

Default AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

I should have stuck with ICS. Jelly Bean on AT&T's Samsung Galaxy S3 is S L O W.

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    I should have stuck with ICS. Jelly Bean on AT&T's Samsung Galaxy S3 is S L O W.
    You seem to be having all sorts of issues. I have improvements across the board. Speed, battery, functionality...all improved.

MacBook likes this.