Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Default Re: AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Evo305 View Post
    It should auto check for the latest firmware once your device is connected. Make sure you phone is properly connected to Kies.
    It won't let me connect to Kies. Also, my mac book won't allow to Kies to update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by winexprt View Post
    I just tried this update via Kies method and my AT&T GS3 is now fcuked!

I am on JB, But now it's stuck in an endless loop. It boots, gets to the home screen then freezes and crashes and reboots again. And again. And again.

I STRONGLY advise people to wait until the official AT&T update.

Off to the AT&T store I go tomorrow. Hopefully they can help.
    This is an official AT&T update. Sht happens, unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure that Kies has an emergency firmware recovery option. I had to use it when I updated my Note to ICS. I remember it clearly because I was in a hotel at 11 at night with no backup cell phone.

I am on JB, But now it's stuck in an endless loop. It boots, gets to the home screen then freezes and crashes and reboots again. And again. And again.

This is the official AT&T update.

ROM
    Intergalactic 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by NewMind83 View Post
    I'm on the screen where it says "Firmware upgrade process" and its just stuck at 0%...
    Still stuck on this, with my phone having the android on it saying "downloading....do not turn off target!!". Not sure what I'm supposed to do, if anything. It's been on 0% for almost half an hour.

My phone has been downloading the software from PC to phone fine, but I'm kind of worried because it has been at 89% for like 10min.

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Flash still works. Smooth for president.

Quote Originally Posted by OhAlfie View Post
    Update worked. Turns out all I had to do was restart my phone BEFORE I did the update process...
    Wish I had known that before I began the update process. I'm royally effed now.

Did you do a factory reset yet? If not, you should.

ROM
    4.1.2 Stock

Holy crap we've been waiting a LONG time for this. Had some hiccups at first but I can now say I'm running 4.1.1! Now just to wait for AT&T to hit us with 4.1.2 so we get some multi-window lovin'

That's interesting. It didn't show up when I checked via Software Update on the GS3 right before I went the Kies route.

@kelly:

I honestly don't know how to do that. Can you advise?

ROM
    Intergalactic 2.4

Still stuck on this, with my phone having the android on it saying "downloading....do not turn off target!!". Not sure what I'm supposed to do, if anything. It's been on 0% for almost half an hour.
    Ugh, STILL at 0%, with the downloading screen on my phone. what the hell?

I just started mine and it just finished downloading a couple of minutes ago and now my computer screen says it is on 17% for updating..I'm not sure what to tell you. Did you try Samsung's live chat?

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts

Congrats guys, hoping my AT&T OG Note gets it soon!

Sent from my phablet.

@kelly:

I honestly don't know how to do that. Can you advise?
    Yeah I could if I could get into my phone, it's updating. Let me find it online.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by zinedine View Post
    It won't let me connect to Kies. Also, my mac book won't allow to Kies to update.

Make sure your phone is connected as "A Media Device" Not as Camera. I also have a macbook pro and mine updated just fine (Kies that is).

Here are the steps. Good idea to do after you update and before you personalize it. There was a tethering issue that kept popping up on the Captivate after we all upgraded to GB and it took a factory reset to get rid of that.

If you'd like to reset your Samsung Galaxy S3 to its original factory settings, the process is really quite simple.

First, tap the options button under the screen (it's on the left).

Then, tap settings. Go to the "Personal" section and click "Back up and reset." From there, tap "factory reset." You're done!

Beware that all of your personal data will be lost...

Global Posts
    3,661 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Only flaw that i found in Kies is that it synced all my music without putting it into folders. Ringtones, notification tones, music, etc., is all mixed together. I have it all, but just not in the way that i wanted it.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Here are the steps. Good idea to do after you update and before you personalize it. There was a tethering issue that kept popping up on the Captivate after we all upgraded to GB and it took a factory reset to get rid of that.

If you'd like to reset your Samsung Galaxy S3 to its original factory settings, the process is really quite simple.

First, tap the options button under the screen (it's on the left).

Then, tap settings. Go to the "Personal" section and click "Back up and reset." From there, tap "factory reset." You're done!

Beware that all of your personal data will be lost...
    Oh. I thought it was something different. I tried that but it freezes and restarts before I can click on the factory reset button.

From start to finish including installing Kies on my PC it took me about 40 minutes. My phone was off when I read this thread about JB being available so I turned it on, downloaded and installed Kies on my PC, connected the phone to the PC and did the firmware update. Went smoothly, no problems. I'm really interested in seeing if JB improves battery usage since I'm ready to order a belt clip hardcase and the battery usage will determine if I need to order the Seidio Active extended battery w/ Hyperion 4200 or can get the Body Glove ToughSuit (by far my preference).

I did not back up my data because when I upgraded my Galaxy S I didn't do it and had no problems. I just got my S3 on Black Friday and my pictures, contacts, Exchange Server email & texts are all still there.

All you that are having issues..y'all had started upgrading before I did. I started 26 minutes ago and my phone just rebooted. I would get on the Live Chat with Samsung if someone more knowledgeable isn't on this thread.

Also, anyone that is having issues with Kies, when we did the Gingerbread update, I know many had to uninstall Kies and download it again to get updates to show up for them.
    Last edited by Kelly Kearns; 12-03-2012 at 11:40 PM.

ROM
    Intergalactic 2.4

Yeah, I just did a live chat with a Samsung rep and they had me do a soft reset w/ a battery pull. Seems to be downloading now. It better be, I'm tired and need to go to bed but I need this more, haha.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.

Yeah, I just did a live chat with a Samsung rep and they had me do a soft reset w/ a battery pull. Seems to be downloading now. It better be, I'm tired and need to go to bed but I need this more, haha.
    I have found the Samsung Reps on live chat to be quite helpful in the past. It shouldn't take long, my internet is a bit slow tonight and it took me 26 mins beginning to end.

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Statusnone View Post
    Holy crap we've been waiting a LONG time for this. Had some hiccups at first but I can now say I'm running 4.1.1! Now just to wait for AT&T to hit us with 4.1.2 so we get some multi-window lovin'
    Will you be happy after that? Or will you want the next firmware?

Update is really slow for me. It's taken over an hour to get to 50% and nothing has happened with my phone yet.
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast