AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
oh wow! Kies finished downloading the update & after it gets to 100% completed, it rebooted my phone automatically. Unfortunately, my phone is stuck at the "Downloading..." screen for over 15 minutes now. I went to their website to check out the file and it is huge. 738MB.
Firmware archive | Samsung Updates
JB41-1.jpg

I'll let the phone run for another 30 minutes and if the progress don't improve, I'll download the firmware to my SD card and install it from there.

bobbyp5

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I did my phone and i was rooted etc. I went to do my g/f's, same phone on att and everything. Now its saying the firmware version is not supported.... hm

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Hrmm I downloaded Kies earlier for the first time for Mountain Lion, and then downloaded the update to Kies from there without a hitch. Once my SIII was connected to my MacBook Pro Kies immediately detected that there was an update for my phone, and within 30 minutes, I am happy to report that I now have JELLY BEAN!!! This is an awesome update, and worth the wait, and all of my complaining!!! Here's to hoping Verizon is next!

Figured i would give it one more try, and i got it. I completely deleted Kies from my Mac(i have lion). Reinstalled Kies, and got version 2.0.0.12113_6. Plugged in my phone, and BINGO, update available. Took about 30 minutes, and it's all good now. Was even able to sync everything on my phone w/Kies. I must have had an outdated version of Kies, or a corrupted copy. Never even took out my SD card, but it's working and all was restored. :D

zinedine

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Connected to Kies and I don't see an option to upgrade. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Connected to Kies and I don't see an option to upgrade. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

It should auto check for the latest firmware once your device is connected. Make sure you phone is properly connected to Kies.

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't read all the comments but has anyone experienced and weirdness in the firmware?

sent from my G Note 10.1

winexprt

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I just tried this update via Kies method and my AT&T GS3 is now fcuked!

I am on JB, But now it's stuck in an endless loop. It boots, gets to the home screen then freezes and crashes and reboots again. And again. And again.

I STRONGLY advise people to wait until the official AT&T update.

Off to the AT&T store I go tomorrow. Hopefully they can help.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Update worked. Turns out all I had to do was restart my phone BEFORE I did the update process. Once I did it all worked fine. Took at least an hour.
All is well.

zinedine

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
It should auto check for the latest firmware once your device is connected. Make sure you phone is properly connected to Kies.

It won't let me connect to Kies. Also, my mac book won't allow to Kies to update.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I am on JB, But now it's stuck in an endless loop. It boots, gets to the home screen then freezes and crashes and reboots again. And again. And again.

This is an official AT&T update. Sht happens, unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure that Kies has an emergency firmware recovery option. I had to use it when I updated my Note to ICS. I remember it clearly because I was in a hotel at 11 at night with no backup cell phone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

This is the official AT&T update.

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the screen where it says "Firmware upgrade process" and its just stuck at 0%...

Still stuck on this, with my phone having the android on it saying "downloading....do not turn off target!!". Not sure what I'm supposed to do, if anything. It's been on 0% for almost half an hour.