AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

Mschw006

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
How do you download to your SD card and install it from there? I'm having issues with Kies.

oh wow! Kies finished downloading the update & after it gets to 100% completed, it rebooted my phone automatically. Unfortunately, my phone is stuck at the "Downloading..." screen for over 15 minutes now. I went to their website to check out the file and it is huge. 738MB.
Firmware archive | Samsung Updates
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/anh2lua_photo/JB41-1.jpg
I'll let the phone run for another 30 minutes and if the progress don't improve, I'll download the firmware to my SD card and install it from there.

mordyb

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Just installed kies on my girlfriends mac and plugged my phone in and said firmwares up to date?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

NrmlAvGuy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Im Having the Same Problem...but i took my cord out and it wont recover even now....it get to the Proceed To Firmware Emergency Recovery(GS3)(SGH-I747) Firmware Emergency Recovery in progress... Do not disconnect your device from the PC...and it stays at 0% been 30+minutes:(

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
These are a couple of things that people that had no problem at all with the update, had in common:

Fresh install of Kies
Turning their phone off, not reboot, before connecting it.

I would suggest anyone having a problem with Kies, uninstall, delete everything to do with Kies and then reinstall it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just installed kies on my girlfriends mac and plugged my phone in and said firmwares up to date?

Are you one that had one of the partial OTA updates a while back?

Also, I saw a couple of people say the other night and they were Mac users, that it took about 30 mins for Kies to tell them there was an update available.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
What should happen after it gets to 100%?

It should download the update. When the installation starts, Lloyd will appear on the screen with a message no to disconnect the target or the GS3. Once the installation is complete, the GS3 will restart and optimize the apps. Do not disconnect until prompted to do so.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
These are a couple of things that people that had no problem at all with the update, had in common:

Fresh install of Kies
Turning their phone off, not reboot, before connecting it.

I would suggest anyone having a problem with Kies, uninstall, delete everything to do with Kies and then reinstall it.

Did a fresh install of Kies on my laptop as repeated efforts on my 6 year old desktop pc failed.

Enabled USB debugging. It shouldn't matter whether your GS3 is on or off. Make sure that it's fully charged.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I saw a post that there will be no OTA but that could be wrong. Kies is not as good as iTunes or BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Did you enable USB debugging? Try using the cable that came with the GS3. If you need to update Java, and then update. You may have to try the update more than once.

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If I hold the menu button, I get task manager. Do you mean double tap? Also, when I get to the voice thing and say "Google", all it does is ask what I want to search for. Does anyone know a sure fire way to even see if Google Now is on my phone or working for me? I'm totally not understanding what the deal is with this Google Now, but I don't see a trace of it on my upgraded to JB Galaxy S3.

lol You're confusing the Menu button for the Home button. The Menu button is to the left of the home button. You can also access Google now from the "Voice search" app.

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I saw a post that there will be no OTA but that could be wrong. Kies is not as good as iTunes or BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Did you enable USB debugging? Try using the cable that came with the GS3. If you need to update Java, and then update. You may have to try the update more than once.

I doubt there will be an OTA update for 4.1.1 Only 4.1.2 will be OTA.

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I have a mac as well and when I installed Kies There was a newer version available.. After downloading and installing the latest version I plugged my device in and it took a few seconds to recognize the device. Right after recognizing my phone it said that I was running old firmware. Make sure your version of Kies is the latest.

rclatter

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If anyone has trouble reading a SanDisk USB drive in their PC after installing Kies - try uninstalling Kies and the USB driver for the phone.
I installed Kies earlier this week to do this upgrade - then today couldn't figure out why I couldn't read my flash drive. After some web searches I came across others with a conflict between Kies/SanDisk USB drives. (this is on Win 7 64-bit specifically - not sure if other OSes are affected).

sross71

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It will remove root if I'm not mistaken. Just re-root after updating. Just ensure to find a good guide for your phone.

Enjoy JB though guys! I'm glad att finally is pushing it for yall :D.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Is the root method the same with Jelly Bean?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis