Gallery Not Showing Photos I Take When Memory is Switched to ExtSD

Hogosha

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't find a thread to help answer the question to my problem. I have a 16GB SGS3 with a 16GB Series 10 microSDHC. I opened the camera app and switched the memory to extSD. Now, every time I take a photo, it saves and I can view it in my gallery for about 5 secs, then it turns black and then says "Unable to load photo". What's the deal?

:'(

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't find a thread to help answer the question to my problem. I have a 16GB SGS3 with a 16GB Series 10 microSDHC. I opened the camera app and switched the memory to extSD. Now, every time I take a photo, it saves and I can view it in my gallery for about 5 secs, then it turns black and then says "Unable to load photo". What's the deal?

:'(
Sounds like a mounting issue. Have you tried removing the SD card and gently reinserting it? Shut down the phone first. Have you tried simply restarting the phone?

Hogosha

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Replication, I tried your suggestion with to no avail. Restarting hasn't worked either. Thanks though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
So the next thing to try is to make sure that data is actually being written to the card. Insert the card with adaptor into your SD slot on your desktop or laptop and make sure the data is there to be read.

16 to 32 GB micro SD cards have a higher failure rate. I would try an 8GB SD card if you have one to eliminate the possibility the phone

Hogosha

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
So the next thing to try is to make sure that data is actually being written to the card. Insert the card with adaptor into your SD slot on your desktop or laptop and make sure the data is there to be read.

16 to 32 GB micro SD cards have a higher failure rate. I would try an 8GB SD card if you have one to eliminate the possibility the phone

Yep, I put the microSD into the adapter and checked the file and this is what I got back "The file ?20121203_140222.jpg? could not be opened because it is empty." Awesome. I'll have to try an 8GB to see what's what.

Thanks again.

Hogosha

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I think I solved the issue for now. I exchanged that POS PNY Class 10 32GB microSDHC for a SanDisk 64Gb microSDXC, formatted it and so far all seems to be in order.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463