Now that we officially have Jelly Bean what are your thoughts?

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I love the update...it's nice and smooth and with LTE it's blazing fast! Haven't really had any software issues just a few local apps that need updating but all the national apps work just fine. Just a recommendation to all...might wanna change your APN settings from "phone" to "pta" don't know why this changed but "pta" seems to work better with LTE.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I would say the update is nice, especially Google Now... I also like the new style on the phone app when you get a call and I really like the new folders for apps.. I think it's cool the way it opens and closes and the way the icons for the apps sort of stand in a circle on top of the folder thing. Don't really seem any major improvements in speed or project butter and my battery life seems about the same, which is good. What will be interesting is to see if the new firmware resolves the issue I had with getting OTA updates (couldn't get them before). I haven't noticed any serious problems, though the one minor one would be the different way the home button works with task manager (seems laggy).

drache713

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering why the APN changed as well...PTA is the APN AT&T has always used for their LTE devices...why change it to PHONE now? That was for devices like the Atrix, Infuse...HSPA+ only devices, what gives? I wonder if their is a performance decrease

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I love the update...it's nice and smooth and with LTE it's blazing fast! Haven't really had any software issues just a few local apps that need updating but all the national apps work just fine. Just a recommendation to all...might wanna change your APN settings from "phone" to "pta" don't know why this changed but "pta" seems to work better with LTE.

I was wondering why the APN changed as well...PTA is the APN AT&T has always used for their LTE devices...why change it to PHONE now? That was for devices like the Atrix, Infuse...HSPA+ only devices, what gives? I wonder if their is a performance decrease

Mine is set to pta? So do I change it to phone? I am confused with the conflicting statements. Please clarify:)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2

muzichead

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

My phone won't let me change the APN settings. Is there a reason for that? Is there something I am missing here? I am new to all this as I just switched from a BB a couple weeks ago!!

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
***Friendly Reminder***

anytime there is a major update, it only helps to do a factory data reset. although it isnt required, there are some changes with the update that sometimes dont get along with particular settings or applications. i too experienced battery issues and a TW force cloce, but after the reset, it has been flawless and buttery smooth. in addition my battery life is even better than before the update now.

that being said, i absolutely love the JB update. the enhancements are awesome. loving google now!

anonymous69

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just updated RIGHT NOW!! AND IM LOVING IT!!!!!
No more battery issues!!!!
Sooo smooth!!!
And driving mode on the quick toggle menu!???
HELL YEAH!!!
Should've done it a lot sooner!!!
Dont wait if you have an AT&T S3, do it now!
:):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

TURBOSPARTAN

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Mine was PTA, I clicked "restore to original settings" or whatever it was and it changed to wap.cingular. I've been having trouble re-gaining any internet connections once they are lost. I'll have a LTE signal at my desk, walk away and it'll drop to just regular cell service (just bars, no E, no 3G, no 4G, no LTE). In most cases I have to turn on Airplane mode, then turn it back off and then the internet connection will re-connect. Getting kind of sick of it...

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
***Friendly Reminder***

anytime there is a major update, it only helps to do a factory data reset. although it isnt required, there are some changes with the update that sometimes dont get along with particular settings or applications. i too experienced battery issues and a TW force cloce, but after the reset, it has been flawless and buttery smooth. in addition my battery life is even better than before the update now.

that being said, i absolutely love the JB update. the enhancements are awesome. loving google now!

I agree with everything here (although I never experienced problems with Touchwiz as I only use Nova Launcher. But the battery life dropped a little after the update, but upon factory reset, it's now the best it's ever been.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I posted this in another thread here are my observations:

I am comparing s voice and Google now in updating my twitter status. S voice seem to be easier because all I have to do after I update is say update. Google now I had to tap twice before it is sent out.

Of course this goes without saying that I have to have the Twitter app installed instead of the third party Twitter client.

Lunching apps using s voice seems to be faster than Google now. ie when i say "drive mode on" in s voice, it does just that, but in google now it goes to a web search

S voice has an easier time calling from my contacts than Google now, ie i say "call daddy home" in s voice it calls the number, in google now it calls a store something like daddy's home furniture or something, which is weird because I don't have that store stored in my contacts.

I have been using s voice a lot before google now, I was thinking of replacing s voice with google now, but my preliminary tests tells me to use s voice still...

am I the only one having this experience?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2

cloffman

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is just sucked try. I cannot go a whole day - that's a 9 to 5 not even a 6am - 10 pm day - without a charger nearby.
That said, it feels snappier. I am a rather new android user. i can't seem to find any good documentation on the phone about any of the features. like, what is Driving Mode?? I activate it, and there's nothing to tell me what it does or why i should have it.

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been having 2 issues since the upgrade to JB. The first one is every time the device is power cycled, I have to reset the keyboard default to SwiftKey. The second one is that it is taking forever for a call to connect after I press the dial button. Most times about 20 seconds to connect and dial but about 30% of the time it disconnects before it dials.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Captian4Phones

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
My brother hasn't updated his yet and it felt gross to me. Couldn't stand it after using mine which has JB.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary