Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Replace S-Voice with Google Now in 4.1.1?

It keeps launching voice dial, even when I select voice search in the app list...any suggestions?

Try restarting your phone. A few of us have seen Voice Dial start popping up when double clicking home when S Voice is first disabled. Then when you restart, it suddenly goes away.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by icwhatudidthere View Post
    Try restarting your phone. A few of us have seen Voice Dial start popping up when double clicking home when S Voice is first disabled. Then when you restart, it suddenly goes away.
    I didn't try that, but I was able to solve the issue. Instead of disabling s voice all together through the application menu, I simply turned the home button activation off in the settings. Apparently if you disable the app the OS defaults to the voice dial regardless...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tick077 View Post
    I didn't try that, but I was able to solve the issue. Instead of disabling s voice all together through the application menu, I simply turned the home button activation off in the settings. Apparently if you disable the app the OS defaults to the voice dial regardless...
    But voice dial will not stay when you restart your phone, that launcher is necessary to get google now to9 pop up.

You can also hold down the settings button while on the home screen to launch Google Now.

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

Hold down the menu button to launch Google Now from any "home" screen. Easier than double clicking anyway, and it works without having to tinker. Note that even with ICS, holding the menu button would launch Google Voice search.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12