Replace S-Voice with Google Now in 4.1.1?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Guys, you can just go to your Application manager to change program defaults.

Settings > Application Manager > All Apps > TouchWiz home. Tap 'Clear defaults'. Press home and you should be prompted on which app to use, select the Home 2 Shortcut app.

I tried that before installing another launcher, didn't work.

rteichman

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
It is important to choose GOOGLE SEARCH not "the google app" because the google app brings up voice dialing not Google Now
Yeah I got that behavior too. Then it went away when I restarted.

Anyway, this should help with setting Google Now to double click:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...cHBzcG90LmhvbWUyc2hvcnRjdXQiXQ&token=RoCyBNP1

That app doesn't have the most intuitive instructions but basically set the first option to the Google app. Then set Step 3 to TouchWiz home or whatever launcher you want. Then when you click the close button, select Home2 Shortcut and the Always option.

Also on your lock screen, add the Google icon so you can access it from there as well.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
It is important to choose GOOGLE SEARCH not "the google app" because the google app brings up voice dialing not Google Now

But there is no Google Search. If you go to Apps, right on the first page of apps, there's a blue G icon titled Google. That's what I'm talking about. This app goes straight to Google Now.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
But there is no Google Search. If you go to Apps, right on the first page of apps, there's a blue G icon titled Google. That's what I'm talking about. This app goes straight to Google Now.

Exactly and if you have it checked in the options, then you say "google" and it wakes up the voice commands and you can call from that also.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
BUT...I just looked and there is a "Voice Search" and if you make that the icon then it opens up, beeps and is waiting for you to speak.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Try restarting your phone. A few of us have seen Voice Dial start popping up when double clicking home when S Voice is first disabled. Then when you restart, it suddenly goes away.

The Tick077

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Try restarting your phone. A few of us have seen Voice Dial start popping up when double clicking home when S Voice is first disabled. Then when you restart, it suddenly goes away.
I didn't try that, but I was able to solve the issue. Instead of disabling s voice all together through the application menu, I simply turned the home button activation off in the settings. Apparently if you disable the app the OS defaults to the voice dial regardless...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I didn't try that, but I was able to solve the issue. Instead of disabling s voice all together through the application menu, I simply turned the home button activation off in the settings. Apparently if you disable the app the OS defaults to the voice dial regardless...

But voice dial will not stay when you restart your phone, that launcher is necessary to get google now to9 pop up.

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Hold down the menu button to launch Google Now from any "home" screen. Easier than double clicking anyway, and it works without having to tinker. Note that even with ICS, holding the menu button would launch Google Voice search.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance