Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Report any issues here after 4.1

Quote Originally Posted by Voliam View Post
    I noticed, but figured that was removed in 4.1.1 (replaced with <driving mode>? Don't remember seeing that before). Cynically speaking, I wonder if AT&T removed it to make it more difficult to disable the data connection= more potential data overages? I only disable it at night, so I just go through settings.
    The data toggle is not on the notification screen but if you pull down the notification bar and press the setting icon data usage will be in the list. Click that and you have access to turn data on or off.

Phone is hella slow now typing other than that nothing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCamel369#AC View Post
    Okay so my main issue that I'm currently having is that my SwiftKey does not stay as my default keyboard. Anyone else having that problem?
    Mine doesn't stay after a reboot either. Although, here's the kicker: it was fine before I did a factory reset....... Wtf?

No, Airplane Mode disables ALL wireless communications. Using the Mobile data toggle only disables data. Allowing it to still get text and I calls. I had to go through settings to disable it last night to save my battery. I hope it gets put back.
    Quote Originally Posted by LazrRocketArm View Post
    Ummmm, isn't that what AIRPLANE MODE is?

- - - Updated - - -

No, Airplane Mode disables ALL wireless communications. Using the Mobile data toggle only disables data. Allowing it to still get text and I calls. I had to go through settings to disable it last night to save my battery. I hope it gets put back.
    Quote Originally Posted by LazrRocketArm View Post
    Ummmm, isn't that what AIRPLANE MODE is?

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #80  

Did another factory reset and yeah still the same issues. Oh well just have to wait for the next update =]

No one else having connection issues? I have no internet service (No Edge, no 3G, no 4G, no 4G LTE) in places that I ALWAYS have it. Then I toggle Airplane mode ON, then back OFF, and then the 4G comes back and I can use the internet.

I want that damn data toggle back in the Notification bar. If it isn't there... I don't want TouchWiz, I'd rather have stock Android 4.1

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shepx2 View Post
    Mine doesn't stay after a reboot either. Although, here's the kicker: it was fine before I did a factory reset....... Wtf?

Ok, I tried the trick I read elsewhere in the forum where you save the app via mybackup pro, then un install, restart, then load SwiftKey via the backup and now it stays at default upon any restarts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe55 View Post
    I think performance is a lot better, overall. I like the update, but it's not like it's going to magically make everything better. I've had zero issues with the update, and zero issues since the update.
    Heh, let me update my own post. I'm one of those that use the mobile data toggle a LOT. It's now at the point of irritation every time I need to turn in on or off - it's not quick anymore. In other words, toggling mobile data is a PITA and JB does something with the connection - it simply sucks now. This is a deal breaker for me.

I think I'm going to root the phone and try CM10 or go back to ICS.

Not crazy about JB after 5 days of usage.
    1. Battery sucks-used to have 89% by noon, now only around 70.
    2. Memory usage is higher. I used to have above 600 Mb free, now it's always under 400.

I am having huge connectivity issues with JB. I upgraded from a rooted ICS. My download speed on AT&T 4G LTE went from 10-16 MB/s to .5 MB/s. I guess I will have to factory reset it then try again. Is anyone else seeing this issue?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234