Report any issues here after 4.1

msopha

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, SMS doesn't function at all. I've had AT&T refresh the device on the network (that seemed to fix the problem with their OTA update a few months back). But now I can't even get any of the SMS apps to function, let alone send or receive any messages.

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Only issue I'm having is with nova launcher. When I exit an app and go back to the home screen, it'll be blank until I perform an action, such as swiping from either left our right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

1caz

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
TouchWiz has crashed twice already, also I notice that the Mobile data tab is missing from the quick bar....

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Okay so my main issue that I'm currently having is that my SwiftKey does not stay as my default keyboard. Anyone else having that problem?

Really? Mine does...did you set it as your default keyboard?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, SMS doesn't function at all. I've had AT&T refresh the device on the network (that seemed to fix the problem with their OTA update a few months back). But now I can't even get any of the SMS apps to function, let alone send or receive any messages.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the SMS app you are using

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
lucky so far. Everything seems to work like it did. Battery life not as good but that's probably from messing with it a little more

michko

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Phone froze on lock screen as I was trying to unlock to view sms, had to reboot...CNET froze, had to reboot.

Not too "buttery" as I read JB should be.....

Tdc02

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Would someone be able to tell me if I have to redownload JB on my S3? I updated my phone last night thru Kies and for some reasons I have the MIC on my Lock screen and can't take it off or use it.

I attached a photo that I found on the web what my Lock screen look like with the MIC. Samsung Galaxy S3 Review | Digital Trends

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Having problems with Google Now/search. When I'm in Google Now, or even just clicking on the "G" icon, I can ask the questions just fine, but instead of giving me the answer like on my N7, it puts me into a website. The website is from google saying there's too much traffic, or something else along those lines. Very weird. Voice text works fine though. It's just something that has to do with the Google Now. Anyone else have this problem?

Se7en Mile

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
im having 2 issues. i get no notification when i recieve a email and while texting or sending a email the keyboard blinks. not all the time but randomly, its annoying.

chrisfast

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
im having 2 issues. i get no notification when i recieve a email and while texting or sending a email the keyboard blinks. not all the time but randomly, its annoying.

I think I'm having very similar problems as you. You might want to try some of the things that have been recommended to me. Mine's a little better now, but it's still not working right. Maybe this will with for you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=231664

Sent from my Nexus 7

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Mobile data toggle is lost from the notification bar. ..after the 4.1.1 upgrade ... did anyone notice ? Any way to get it back ?

Ouch..just noticed that. I really use that a lot so my kiddo doesn't start streaming etc if he's using my phone in a no-wi-fi zone. How do we get that back??

Se7en Mile

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm having very similar problems as you. You might want to try some of the things that have been recommended to me. Mine's a little better now, but it's still not working right. Maybe this will with for you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=231664

Sent from my Nexus 7

pulled the battery and the keyboard flashing has stopped happening as much. havent got a email yet to see if thats been fixed. will do a factory reset. is there a way to backup and restore the phone?

thanks for the help

Last edited:

chrisfast

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
pulled the battery and the keyboard flashing has stopped happening as much. havent got a email yet to see if thats been fixed. will do a factory reset. is there a way to backup and restore the phone?

thanks for the help

I tried to back mine up using Keys. It kind of sort of worked. Sorry I'm not more help.