Report any issues here after 4.1

jetpuck73

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone that has upgraded to 4.1.1 through KIES noticed any weird shading on the lockscreen? I know it wasn't like that before I did the update.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Ummmm, isn't that what AIRPLANE MODE is?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Actually started a new thread, but think I am wrong.
Airplane mode shuts off calls and texts as well as data, and the MOBILE DATA toggle just shuts off data?

diego_uru

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the "Smart Stay" option is not working for me, the screen shuts down after 5 seconds if not touched. I tured the device off, pulled the battery, turned the feature on/off, nothing seems to work.

tallal565

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
does anyone know how to get rid of the zoom feature on the browser? on the right side of the screen, if you move your finger up and down it zooms. i thought it was a bug at first.

rtvman

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed the camera app did not get updated with any of the jelly bean "features?" The app on my phone is no different than it was with ICS.

spartanrob1

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
new issues. using GoSMS pro. When i hold down the microphone key to dictate a text, it pops up with the voice recog window and then crashes. forces me to reboot.??? Won't even bring up the keyboard anymore, just locks up. Using swiftkey.

UPDATE: Removed the Google and Google Voice updates and the problem is now resolved

Last edited:

betsuni

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Stock camera app seems to random crashes, also the GPS lock in the app seems to practically take the same time as my older phones w/o GLONASS.

Edit: DUH, I completely didn't think of wiping the data for the camera app. Fixed the GPS lock (works fine in my office now) so hopefully it also fixes the crashes.

Last edited:

jblaze38

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

I'm having issues since the update. The phone keeps freezing & reboots itself frequently. I'm going to try a factory reset when I get a chance. Hopefully this will help. Any feedback would be greatly apprecited!

spartanrob1

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

I'm having issues since the update. The phone keeps freezing & reboots itself frequently. I'm going to try a factory reset when I get a chance. Hopefully this will help. Any feedback would be greatly apprecited!

Same! factory reset did help me.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the "Smart Stay" option is not working for me, the screen shuts down after 5 seconds if not touched. I tured the device off, pulled the battery, turned the feature on/off, nothing seems to work.

Same thing happened to me. I changed two settings and it stopped doing that:

1. In the Display settings, I set the Screen Timeout to 1 minute.

2. In the Lock Screen settings, I set the Secured Lock Time setting also to 1 minute.

kbourqu

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Any one else having massive battery drainage since the update? My phone never dies while at work, and today it did. I had no apps open.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine hasn't been as good since I've upgraded, but I have been messing around with it a whole lot more. I had also disabled a lot of things before the update but many of those things are back on after the update. I've got to get to a place where I'm ready to test it again. I was getting about 19-20 hrs per charge with about 5-6 of those hours being screen time before I updated. One thing also, I had my screen down to about 50% and after my update, I looked and it was at 100% and that can make a huge difference.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
No issues with SwiftKey but the browser kept getting stuck. Had to reboot my GS3 twice. Kies is not the easiest to update to the most current version and is not as easy to update the device OS as BB Desktop Manager. Don't get me wrong. I am still glad that I transitioned to the GS3.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon