Report any issues here after 4.1

Voliam

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Mobile data toggle is lost from the notification bar. ..after the 4.1.1 upgrade ... did anyone notice ? Any way to get it back ?

I noticed, but figured that was removed in 4.1.1 (replaced with <driving mode>? Don't remember seeing that before). Cynically speaking, I wonder if AT&T removed it to make it more difficult to disable the data connection= more potential data overages? I only disable it at night, so I just go through settings.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't airplane mode handle it? Just updated late last night so haven't had much chance to play with it.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

jkovacs

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
No, Airplane Mode shuts off ALL radios... which means no mobile data, no WiFi, no phone calls... nothing! It's not the same.

...Joe K.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
1.WidgetLocker doesnt play nice and as to be manually activated and even then only works about 1/2 the time
2. voice dictation in SwiftKey either freezes or times out. Worthless
3. Lost the voice icon in Swype and can't get it back.
4. Phone seems even more buggy than before, which is surprising since JellyBean rocks on my N7

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Note that screen brightness seems to have increased a LOT with the update, and that will drain the battery much faster. Crank down the brightness manually all the way down, and then move it back up to where you feel comfortable.

othershoe1

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
After JB upgrade, when viewing emails in any account EXCEPT for gmail, the screen brightness is dimmed significantly. When I hit the back key, the screen brightness reverts to normal just before going back to the homescreen or inbox or wherever. Tweaking the display settings had no effect on this wonderful new behavior. Not catastrophic but it is annoying. Haven't seen this "screen dimming" thing on any other app. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions? Thanks.

jblaze38

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Everything has been great since the factory reset! Is there anyway to backup all my folders so that return to the same location???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Any one else having massive battery drainage since the update? My phone never dies while at work, and today it did. I had no apps open.

yeah, big time. I might do a factory reset here in a little. I'm losing juice much much quicker than I did on ICS. Took the phone off the charger this morning at around 6:30 am. Got into the office at 8:30. By 9:15 my phone was already down to 80% and I hadn't even used it yet. Similar theme throughout the rest of the day. Bummed. My batter with ICS was awesome.

simplyr0b

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Inconsistent video playback on locally saved videos, whether saved on the device or on an external sd card. Sometimes playback is smooth, but most of the time it stutters or gets choppy. Never experienced this on ICS.

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
yeah, big time. I might do a factory reset here in a little. I'm losing juice much much quicker than I did on ICS. Took the phone off the charger this morning at around 6:30 am. Got into the office at 8:30. By 9:15 my phone was already down to 80% and I hadn't even used it yet. Similar theme throughout the rest of the day. Bummed. My batter with ICS was awesome.
Mine as well plus most of my apps from Play refuse to work and games lag so bad they're unplayable. Update my lily white azz.

bevcraw

Net Mod Emeritus
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is not as good as on ICS. GSam shows that my Apps are drawing most of the power (unlike before update). Google Services was drawing more than 25% of the power drained by apps. A couple of services were turned on as the the update. I've turned them off again and the percentage used by Google Services is dropping.

No problem with keeping Swiftkey as default, but the update turned haptic feedback in Swiftkey on. I had to turn that off again.

hercdrvr

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
My only issue is with email brightness. With auto brightness turned off, the screen dims when the stock email app is opened.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
This is not a major issue, but after downloading JB 4.1.1, i have added some contacts to my phone but they do not go into the proper spots. Is there such an app as a "contacts reshuffler? I've tried syncing with my computer, but they still stay where they are. Anybody run across this problem before? Kind of baffling. Thanks for any help.:confused:

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah grunt, I had that problem. It was because I had created/saved some contacts to sim, and others not to sim, and some were email only contacts created from my Exchange email app, that once saved to sim ? would not show the email addresses from the main contacts list. :confused: In fact, the more I type, the more confusing it still is to me.

Anyhoo, so I swung by our local AT&T Corp. store and the guy there showed me how to: from contacts ? tap menu button ? Import/Export ? Export to SD card ? then delete any unwanted contacts (possibly sim contacts? ? which is what was causing my problem, as I had created them from my Exchange email app and saved them to sim, which created some duplicates and strangely, two different contact lists. The AT&T guy said that saving contacts to sim wasn't necessary anymore, coz you can simply back your contacts up onto your SD card?then also to computer if you wish, or of course onto your gmail account. But we did the SD card thing) ? so from SD card (be careful here, because from your SD card? merely a single touch/tap on your exported [00001.vcf] file...will import them in a flash back to your contacts list; no secondary menu, just Bam!...and you'll then have duplicates of any contacts not deleted or that where originally saved to sim) ? then you can delete your sim contacts. They may not be your deal, but if it is, this method fixed everything bada bing, bada boom!

othershoe1

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Same for me--brightness dims with the email app. Oddly though, with the gmail app I see no dimming.
My only issue is with email brightness. With auto brightness turned off, the screen dims when the stock email app is opened.

WS334

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
gmail does the dimming ONLY when you have power saving mode on. turn if off and it bright all the time.

Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle
Turn off the background color option in power saving mode. Fixed mine. Our you could just turn off power saving mode all together if you wanted.

Thanks, who would have thought. It works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1