1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Default Where are the new camera features in Jellybean?

I just upgraded to Jellybean and I am not seeing any of these new features:

•You can now swipe from the camera viewfinder to quickly review photos you've taken without having to leave the camera app. You can swipe back to the camera viewfinder to start snapping photos again.
    •When viewing photos in Gallery, you can pinch to zoom out to enter "filmstrip mode" and rapidly review photos. When viewing photos in filmstrip mode, you can swipe up or down to delete an individual photo. You can also undo the delete with a single tap.
    •When taking a photo, a new animation sweeps your photo off the screen. There is now a new paging animation when swiping between photos.
    •Camera features a new animation for switching between the front-facing and back cameras.
    •When focusing on an object in Camera, a new animation gives you visual feedback on your focus state.
    •Gallery features a new animation when selecting a photo from within the album view and back.

Am I missing something? I consider myself pretty tech savy so i've looked everywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Where are the new camera features in Jellybean?

I have been asking the same question and so far have not gotten an answer.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

All the features are up to Samsung (and AT&T) so I guess they wanted to stick with their camera and gallery apps. I like how Samsung does the filmstrip already, but I was hoping for the swipe features to go to gallery and to delete a photo. Especially deleting a photo for I take many shots since its hard to get a good photo of my little girls so it would be great if it was easy to rapidly delete photos.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mlett View Post
    All the features are up to Samsung (and AT&T) so I guess they wanted to stick with their camera and gallery apps. I like how Samsung does the filmstrip already, but I was hoping for the swipe features to go to gallery and to delete a photo. Especially deleting a photo for I take many shots since its hard to get a good photo of my little girls so it would be great if it was easy to rapidly delete photos.
    The update actually made it more cumbersome to delete pics in the camera app. When viewing recently taken pics, you used to have a dedicated delete button across the top with the sharing options. They replaced that with a slideshow button and now you have to use the menu to delete, 1 extra tap, but annoying.
    Feature phones > Motorola Q > Palm Pre > Samsung Replenish > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by jfig24 View Post
    I just upgraded to Jellybean and I am not seeing any of these new features:

•You can now swipe from the camera viewfinder to quickly review photos you've taken without having to leave the camera app. You can swipe back to the camera viewfinder to start snapping photos again.
    •When viewing photos in Gallery, you can pinch to zoom out to enter "filmstrip mode" and rapidly review photos. When viewing photos in filmstrip mode, you can swipe up or down to delete an individual photo. You can also undo the delete with a single tap.
    •When taking a photo, a new animation sweeps your photo off the screen. There is now a new paging animation when swiping between photos.
    •Camera features a new animation for switching between the front-facing and back cameras.
    •When focusing on an object in Camera, a new animation gives you visual feedback on your focus state.
    •Gallery features a new animation when selecting a photo from within the album view and back.

Am I missing something? I consider myself pretty tech savy so i've looked everywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    One New feature is low light mode. It takes stunning low light photos with practically no grain. I'm really impressed. try it and compare to hdr or standard mode.

. This list what new camera features were rolled out. Sucks we didnt get more but..

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

That sucks! Although the improved low light performance should be useful.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by austinography View Post
    The update actually made it more cumbersome to delete pics in the camera app. When viewing recently taken pics, you used to have a dedicated delete button across the top with the sharing options. They replaced that with a slideshow button and now you have to use the menu to delete, 1 extra tap, but annoying.
    I didn't notice that yet. So Samsung made it harder not easier to delete. Great... I guess the best way to delete will be when I charge at work and delete through Windows Explorer.

Maybe Samsung & AT&T will rethink it and release it with the 4.1.2 update that's already rolling out internationally. The sad part is that neither Samsung or AT&T tier tech support even realize that the camera & gallery features of stock jellybean are missing. Having had JB on my Galaxy Nexus I noticed it right off and assumed that something went wrong while flashing the update via Kies. I talked to Samsung tier 2 tech support and AT&T tier 2 tech support and the only answer I got was to factory reset (AT&T) or to reflash the update from Kies (Samsung). I guess it's a good thing that I'm more knowledgable of android and my device than the carrier and the manufacturer. Anyway, I'm really disappointed that they didn't go with the JB UI for the gallery and camera. I knew I should have just waited for the Nexus 4.
    Just a cool guy

ROM
    Unrooted with Nova Prime

Quote Originally Posted by jdfaulkner View Post
    Maybe Samsung & AT&T will rethink it and release it with the 4.1.2 update that's already rolling out internationally. The sad part is that neither Samsung or AT&T tier tech support even realize that the camera & gallery features of stock jellybean are missing. Having had JB on my Galaxy Nexus I noticed it right off and assumed that something went wrong while flashing the update via Kies. I talked to Samsung tier 2 tech support and AT&T tier 2 tech support and the only answer I got was to factory reset (AT&T) or to reflash the update from Kies (Samsung). I guess it's a good thing that I'm more knowledgable of android and my device than the carrier and the manufacturer. Anyway, I'm really disappointed that they didn't go with the JB UI for the gallery and camera. I knew I should have just waited for the Nexus 4.
    The camera is a Samsung product...it's not the Google camera. With any luck, they'll release the JB camera as a standalone app. ...I believe it's made from the stock 4.1 camera app.