Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Status Bar in 4.1.1

Mine looks black

Picture isn't showing for me.

just noticed that. It autodownloads to my dropbox and I guess the link was hosed

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite_2448 View Post
    I haven't looked in the non-AT&T forums... do they have this too?
    Yeah all of the SGS3s on JB have the same color bar. I even checked out the new 4.1.2 screenshots and it is still the same color.
    Get rid of all the randomness in the world and you will have a world without hamsters.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by rong21 View Post
    just noticed that. It autodownloads to my dropbox and I guess the link was hosed

While here on my computer, it looks black it's against a white background here, but if I open your pic on my phone, where there is a black background for pics, it is very noticeably (to me) charcoal. Now you might not notice it, but I grew up with a painter, artist, not house painter and I can see the difference.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Yeah it is the same and I didn't notice an issue with it in Froyo, but when we upgraded to GB, it was very noticeable and it made the entire screen look so much better. It's like if you have a picture and you frame it with the right and the wrong frame, it is amazing how much better a bad picture will look in the right frame and how bad a good picture will look in the wrong frame.

Also, I just got off my Captivate a week ago and the GB update was just the first of the year and the first update to an Android I had ever done with AT&T or Kies. Before it was T-Mobile and OTA, so all that made it easy for me to remember lol
    I agree with this description (as well as your previous one too). At first glance whenever I turn my phone on now the bar looks to be out of focus.

I loved my Captivate till the GB install decided to make it buggy (still have it, but running CM10 and only using it as a music player). But yeah, I can see why it is easier for you to remember. lol
    Get rid of all the randomness in the world and you will have a world without hamsters.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.

While here on my computer, it looks black it's against a white background here, but if I open your pic on my phone, where there is a black background for pics, it is very noticeably (to me) charcoal. Now you might not notice it, but I grew up with a painter, artist, not house painter and I can see the difference.
    I suppose if I had black wallpaper I might notice it and it might bother me. Haven't tried that yet.

I suppose if I had black wallpaper I might notice it and it might bother me. Haven't tried that yet.
    But if it went back to the black, black, you would think your entire screen looked so much better with much richer colors and think it was a software update that made everything look better. That's just not a noticeable thing for everyone. One way you can tell the difference, I have an app that does the weather here and it puts the temp in the status bar. Before, it was just the white temp there, now there is a little black box that you can see. It's not a huge difference to most people, but then to those of us that "see it" it is a huge difference

Let's see if you can tell here, which this was funny also when we were playing with S Voice lol

The temp looks more like just a white icon and not a black box with the white temp in it here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Status Bar in 4.1.1-screenshot_2012-11-29-17-56-14.png  

Let's see if you can tell here, which this was funny also when we were playing with S Voice lol

The temp looks more like just a white icon and not a black box with the white temp in it here.
    Where did you get this wallpaper? Or wallpaper that looks like this? I've been searching for something like this and can't find it in the middle of the thousands of others.

Oh that isn't a wallpaper, that's just a screen shot from when we were playing with S Voice.

I generally get my ringtones and wallpapers from Zedge, I really like Zedge.
    Thanked by:
    rong21 

Thanks! Found one I liked there.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.

Thanks! Found one I liked there.
    If you pull up "sort" with the menu button, you can change it to downloads of all time, etc.
    Thanked by:
    rong21 

Mine is a shade of gray as well. Notification icons aren't as bright now. No big deal to me

Noticed this immediately, thought I was going nuts lol
    Kelly Kearns likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite_2448 View Post
    Just upgraded to 4.1.1 this morning. Is anybody else noticing that their status bar is gray and not black? Makes it more difficult to see the notifications. Just me?
    I figured Sammy changed the color from dark black to this grayish black to lessen the notification bar burn that effects amoled screens long term.. My old epic had the notification bar burned in after a year and a half.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I recommend "StatusBar+" from the Google Play Store.
    Thanked by:
    Kelly Kearns likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZW1990 View Post
    Unless I'm color blind my status bar is black. Its not super dark black like it was with ics but its still black. Idk how you could call it grey.
    It's Grey black lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    I recommend "StatusBar+" from the Google Play Store.
    Works decent but it blocks the time from the drop down notification

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Works decent but it blocks the time from the drop down notification
    On my Gnex not if you enable Accessibility for StatusBar+.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12