Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Status Bar in 4.1.1

Just upgraded to 4.1.1 this morning. Is anybody else noticing that their status bar is gray and not black? Makes it more difficult to see the notifications. Just me?

Default Re: Status Bar in 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite_2448 View Post
    Just upgraded to 4.1.1 this morning. Is anybody else noticing that their status bar is gray and not black? Makes it more difficult to see the notifications. Just me?
    Nope, not just you, that was one of the changes. I don't like it either. When my Captivate finally got the upgrade to GB, it turned that notification bar black and just that change somehow made everything just look more rich and also it looked a bit higher end after that one little change..making the status bar black.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Nope, not just you, that was one of the changes. I don't like it either. When my Captivate finally got the upgrade to GB, it turned that notification bar black and just that change somehow made everything just look more rich and also it looked a bit higher end after that one little change..making the status bar black.
    Is there a way to make it black again without rooting?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I and another poster posted on the other JB thread that our status bars are still black. Without question I have 4.1.1 installed so no clue why mine is still black and almost everybody else has gray. I got my phone on Black Friday at Costco so most likely it was recent production if that may have something to do with it.

I wish I could turn it black too! It not longer matches my wallpaper!
    Rev2010 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mty msi View Post
    I and another poster posted on the other JB thread that our status bars are still black. Without question I have 4.1.1 installed so no clue why mine is still black and almost everybody else has gray. I got my phone on Black Friday at Costco so most likely it was recent production if that may have something to do with it.
    NOT! picture or I call lie.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.

I don't know of any way to do it. I keep telling myself it isn't bugging me, but I'm not a good liar, it is bugging me

Quote Originally Posted by mty msi View Post
    I got my phone Black Friday and my IMEI says my phone was made in October of 2012, so that's pretty new.

Unless I'm color blind my status bar is black. Its not super dark black like it was with ics but its still black. Idk how you could call it grey.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Status Bar in 4.1.1-uploadfromtaptalk1354686170336.jpg  

It doesn't bother me. I prefer pitch black but I don't really notice it.

Have you got a launcher on there or something else to customize? Mine is the color it was with my Captivate on Froyo.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by ZW1990 View Post
    Unless I'm color blind my status bar is black. Its not super dark black like it was with ics but its still black. Idk how you could call it grey.
    That is gray, withouth question. Get a Gmail notification and see how much different it looks with a previous screenshot. It's terrible.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Have you got a launcher on there or something else to customize? Mine is the color it was with my Captivate on Froyo.
    I'm using Nova, but I just cleared defaults and tried TW, no dice. Still gray.

Global Posts
    3,433 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Mine's black, after updating to JB 4.1.1. Same black as it was with ICS. Does it really matter?
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
    rlb

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZW1990 View Post
    That is definitely gray.

Mike looks black to me as well.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Status Bar in 4.1.1-uploadfromtaptalk1354723340400.jpg  
    Marble White Galaxy S3
    HTC Rezound
    Acer Iconia A500 32GB

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

My status bar looks black to me. No different than before.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Status Bar in 4.1.1-uploadfromtaptalk1354723907045.jpg   Status Bar in 4.1.1-uploadfromtaptalk1354723924901.jpg  

ROM
    Intergalactic 2.4

It's definitely gray, or at least a lighter shade of black. That goes for the people that just posted pics above me.

Doesn't really bother me, honestly. I hide my status bar anyways, so no big deal.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by tazman69 View Post
    My status bar looks black to me. No different than before.

Here is a mashup done in mspaint to show you the difference. I took a random screenshot from the sticky of screenshots to compare.

Status Bar in 4.1.1-mashup.png

I can see it now. Here is another good one. Plain black verses status bar on same screen shot.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Status Bar in 4.1.1-uploadfromtaptalk1354735067764.jpg  
    Marble White Galaxy S3
    HTC Rezound
    Acer Iconia A500 32GB

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Mine is the color it was with my Captivate on Froyo.
    I honestly couldn't remember this so had to go look up images of it (was too long ago). By the maker you are so right! Guess Samsung went back to the color they like.
    Get rid of all the randomness in the world and you will have a world without hamsters.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    Mine's black, after updating to JB 4.1.1. Same black as it was with ICS. Does it really matter?
    Only to those of us that actually notice it. Being a person that can't sit in a room with a picture that isn't straight on the wall, yeah, it bugs me lol. I would imagine it also bugs people that are very artistic as they will notice a slight color difference that many won't.

Now as a girl, I have the color figured out. It's like the colors in some hosiery that you will find. There is "off black" and "jet black" and off black is a "softer" gray black, charcoal and jet black is darker, blue black. While you think just looking at them that it doesn't make a difference, if you have to wear them, then it most certainly makes a difference in the look with the entire outfit. When you hit the menu button on the phone, the menu that pops up is that off black and not jet black, it's that same color. I get that it won't matter or be noticeable to many, but if the status bar was changed back to that jet black, you would notice the difference, many would think the colors on the screen were richer and fuller, but it would be the status bar making it look that way.

Left is after the update and right is after. Mine screen is the same brightness setting in both pics, but look at the before pic, the icons "pop" more and are easier to see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Status Bar in 4.1.1-home-screen.jpg   Status Bar in 4.1.1-screenshot_2012-11-28-15-40-01.png  
    kryptonite_2448 likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

I haven't looked in the non-AT&T forums... do they have this too?

Quote Originally Posted by betsuni View Post
    I honestly couldn't remember this so had to go look up images of it (was too long ago). By the maker you are so right! Guess Samsung went back to the color they like.
    Yeah it is the same and I didn't notice an issue with it in Froyo, but when we upgraded to GB, it was very noticeable and it made the entire screen look so much better. It's like if you have a picture and you frame it with the right and the wrong frame, it is amazing how much better a bad picture will look in the right frame and how bad a good picture will look in the wrong frame.

Also, I just got off my Captivate a week ago and the GB update was just the first of the year and the first update to an Android I had ever done with AT&T or Kies. Before it was T-Mobile and OTA, so all that made it easy for me to remember lol
    Last edited by Kelly Kearns; 12-05-2012 at 02:35 PM.

weird, mine's still black

Quote Originally Posted by rong21 View Post
    weird, mine's still black
    It's "black" it's just a gray black not black, black but there will be some that won't notice it. They might notice something is different, but won't notice exactly what it is.

ON A SIDE NOTE: How are you guys uploading pics with the mobile app? I tried and can't get one to upload and even tried to log on through the browser, can only upload on the computer.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast