Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Question Folder style change

Since I upgraded to JB I don't see the method to change the style of my folders. (I have the round platform style and am looking to change)

Default Re: Folder style change

Quote Originally Posted by gbold3 View Post
    Since I upgraded to JB I don't see the method to change the style of my folders. (I have the round platform style and am looking to change)
    I saw those new folders, I don't like the icon at all, looks like it is misplaced among the other icons. I wondered if that change came because of the Apple/Samsung patient lawsuits.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Agreed! Does anybody know how to change the folder icon?

ROM
    Stock

I have also been looking unsuccessfully for an answer to this. What's also annoying now with folders is that they stay open on your home screens. So if I open an app in a folder then press home, I am taken back to that home screen but with the folder still open, so I have to press home again, or back, or tap elsewhere.
    Feature phones > Motorola Q > Palm Pre > Samsung Replenish > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Moto X

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by austinography View Post
    What's also annoying now with folders is that they stay open on your home screens. So if I open an app in a folder then press home, I am taken back to that home screen but with the folder still open, so I have to press home again, or back, or tap elsewhere.
    This is something that they do on the Galaxy Note 10.1 as well. Haven't checked to see if the Note 2 acts the same way, but I imagine that this is something Samsung wants for their TouchWiz.
    Get rid of all the randomness in the world and you will have a world without hamsters.

ROM
    Stock

I could understand it keeping the folder open if I press the back button to return to the home screen, but when I press the home button, I wanna go to the home screen.
    Feature phones > Motorola Q > Palm Pre > Samsung Replenish > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Moto X

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Yeah it bugged me to no end when I first used my Note 10.1, but now I got used to the extra button press. Still is annoying from time to time when I want to go straight to a screen.
    Get rid of all the randomness in the world and you will have a world without hamsters.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Agreed, the new flow is annoying, but does anybody know how to change the folder icon???????

I'm sure you can't without installing a launcher app with different icons.